Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I could purchase an old program for a European speedboat GP on the "Lago di Lugano" in 1954. I hope some of you like the scans....

/URL]
URL=http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1954speeddzz3.jpg]

The boat type on the first two photos seems to have the grille of a tipo 158/9 Alfetta. Is it indeed equipped with an Alfa engine?
I heared of such a boat, but couldn't find photos.

The other two photos look like "Laura 1", but I am missing the Quadrifoglio sticker on the hood....:confused:

Maybe someone can help;)

Best regards
Ciao Ca:cool:rlo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
nice pictures.
The link for the pix of the speeddzz3 is broken, can you post it again please.
Rgds,
Stanley Yep
1996 146 1.7L 16V
1966 Romeo 2 Furgone

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I am wondering if these old boats are just sitting around in someones barn/garage in Italy waiting for someone to come along and restore them. :D That boat looks like a handful with the short back end and a big motor in the front. Bet it flew across the water!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Check out the page at " The Vintage Hydroplane" ,by Guido Ermanno Romani ,with some of the best photos that I have seen of Mario Verga's boat Laura 3a. The twin ar 159 installation is especially well represented.
Laura 3 - Historical

The boat section also covers the ar159 powered MATHEA V111 and a couple of pieces on the ar powered Miss Badelia

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out the page at " The Vintage Hydroplane" ,by Guido Ermanno Romani ,with some of the best photos that I have seen of Mario Verga's boat Laura 3a. The twin ar 159 installation is especially well represented.
Laura 3 - Historical

The boat section also covers the ar159 powered MATHEA V111 and a couple of pieces on the ar powered Miss Badelia
Thanks for sharing the link, the photos are really great!
And a good reminder how dangerous this sport was (and still is).

Best regards
Ciao Carlo:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there plans for L3?

I have a small group on yahoo for classic boat modeling enthusiasts. If anyone is aware of a source of plans for Laura III please speak up. We would love to model this beautiful craft.

Mike
classicwoodenboatmodels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts