Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got em on all three Alfa's..and found a set for my Citroen DSpecial that makes bleeding my rears on that a breeze.... Just don't over use them.. Bled properly, you only have to open them a once or twice..

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Ordered them, received them, and sitting on the shelf for the next time I need to crawl under the car. There is nothing worse than having to find somebody to help you, and ending up with the wife, who while attempting to bled the brakes decides to pump the clutch pedal instead. I guess its an honest mistaken given she's only sat in the Spiders driver seat once, but she does know how to drive standard, so there's almost no excuse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Used them on my '69 Fiat 850 and they worked perfectly. You just have to remember to keep checking the master fluid level... at least on the 850 you do since the master cyl is just slightly larger than a thimble.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've found that the best tool for bleeding brakes is the Motive pressure bleeder with the european adapter. I have an S2, so I had to replaced the reservoir with one from a later S3, which has only one cap - so that it would successfully hold the 10PSI of pressure from the Motive. I never fill the motive with brake fluid, just air so it never has to be clean.

It takes 10 minutes to do the whole car, and does not require any pedal pumping. So far so good.

You could also just get a spare european measurment cap, drill and install a schrader valve or hose- and hook it up to your air compressor set to 10PSI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts