Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an Alfa enthusiast and future racer, is it worth a 2 hour drive to Willow Springs tomorrow? Is there a time to browse all the cars? Will there be a lot of cars? Has the weather screwed it up? and what time should I get there so I don't miss anything? Without a car are you relegated to the grand stands? Sorry for the 50 questions. Newbie!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Newbie--You are weicome to come. The track charges a $10 cover charge at the gate. If you haven't come to one of our events it's well worth the trip. There will be about 40-50 cars running, perhaps 10 or so Alfas. I happen to know there's a TZ (or was today anyway) plus several GTVs. Weather should be fine but windy and chilly. You can walk around the pits and talk to the drivers/owners. If you ask someone may even strap you in and take you for a few laps on the track. I'd try to get there by mid morning, look at the cars, watch some practice, eat lunch, then in the afternoon we have our competition events including a practice race right after lunch and final race at the end of the afternoon.

Oh--when you go, there are two entrances to Willow Springs--coming from the 14 freeway the first is the Streets of Willow, then the Willow Springs racetrack ("big track"). We are at the big track.

Doug Bender

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks a lot. I will be there no later than 9am. Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts