Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, my son has the alfa 87 spid in Tallahassee (FSU), and he said to me the bras nuts that bolt down the header flange to the studs that go into the cylinder have gotten loose, so he tightened one (but one fell off and is GONE). I would like to buy a few , even if they are not brass, at a local store, and UPS them to him, so he can add the one to the stud that is missing one, and add one for a double nut to the other, until he makes it back home, at Thanksgiving time.

Anyone know if it is a 6 or 7 or 8 or 9mm? also, the pitch of the thread is v important. THANKS for helping my son make it back through COP territory without a header missing and sounding LOUD! LOL!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are 8X1.0. IAP sells them. If you don't have any luck finding any, you might be able to twist my arm for a couple. :rolleyes:
Thanks, bone....might try local first, if not, maybe I will twist your arm. IAP will bill me $8 just for shipping. Thanks again. (and my son thanks you too!)

Oh, you're absolutely sure that they are 1.0 pitch? Dont want the kid at FSU cross threading them.......

·
Out of the office!
11,670 Posts
Thanks, bone....might try local first, if not, maybe I will twist your arm. IAP will bill me $8 just for shipping. Thanks again. (and my son thanks you too!)

Oh, you're absolutely sure that they are 1.0 pitch? Dont want the kid at FSU cross threading them.......
Trying to source these locally may be a challenge. Look and see if you have a metric fastener supplier in your area. They may have them.

$8 for shipping is a lot cheaper than driving all over the place to find these fasteners. You might was well order your son spare hoses, V belts and filters, cap/rotor, etc to keep in the trunk. That will be money well spent.

I am absolutely certain that they are 8X1.0.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks osso, and John. I wil try ace....tried napa, but 8mm is too small. (but I think brass may be asking a little too much......)

Yeah, $8 for some 25-50 cent a piece nuts is much, and all those maintenence things....just did them all a while ago. Maybe the starter will go soon? (shhhhhhhhh) LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts