Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Verde Alfa Romeo Spider 2000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -- just looking for some opinions. I am planning on restoring my interior and have been wanting to rebuild the engine with performance parts to hopefully get somewhere around 170whp. Anyways, I figured if everything is out then, I might as well do rust restoration and new paint while the car is already bare.

My 2 options im considering for new paint/interior:
1) GTV Pino Verde exterior with standard black pre-79' S2 interior
2) GTV French Blue with standard Cognac (I think thats what they called their tan interior?) interior + the flying buttress seats that used the basket weave leather

Any thoughts? Would going with option 2 really hurt the market value of the car when I one day move on from her down the line (since its not a factory spider color nor interior spec)?

All feedback appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1979 Verde Alfa Romeo Spider 2000
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also to note, if I did option 2 (French blue, cognac interior) I would likely do a dash conversion to the early 1750 S2 (Duetto style) dash as it would be much easier to wrap that dash/console in the cognac leather--and would subsequently match the rest of the interior to the early S2 style (S1 door handles, euro markers, etc.)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think green looks great on a Spider, and I particularly like the Verde Inglese. French blue is a good colour for a GTV, but I don't think it works on a Spider.

Also +1 on Alfannj's suggestions to remove the side markers.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
As much as I love green, I found out the hard way that it will negatively affect the selling price. But if that's not a consideration I think it's a great color - especially with the tan interior.

As far as flying buttress seats in a Spider... and this just my opinion... NOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I'm partial to the Pinot Verde, but with a tan interior. But it's not my car!! 😁

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
As much as I love green, I found out the hard way that it will negatively affect the selling price. But if that's not a consideration I think it's a great color - especially with the tan interior.

As far as flying buttress seats in a Spider... and this just my opinion... NOOOOOOOOOOO!
I guess it's not easy being green.

Personally, I like the blue option. I almost went with blue on my spider before deciding on white (mostly for ease of touch up and repair in the future).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dutch Blue with red interior looks good, friend of mine has one in that colour, its a good combination. I'll join the vote, get rid of the side markers and if you are talking about a S2 Junior Euro flat metal dash, we are definitely on the same wave length!

·
Registered
115 Alfa Spider
22 Posts
Curious about the side marker preferences here. When you delete them, what happens to the wiring? Just stays in the fender? (Probably a silly question)

I also prefer not having them, but I also have them.

I really dig the blue exterior and burgundy interior combo.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get that a car looks better without the lights, however……I have become an originality freak.

I‘ve modified many things that I came to regret…..

·
Registered
555 Posts
Curious about the side marker preferences here. When you delete them, what happens to the wiring? Just stays in the fender? (Probably a silly question)

I also prefer not having them, but I also have them.

I really dig the blue exterior and burgundy interior combo.
Yep, on my car the wiring just stays tucked inside the fender.

·
Registered
380 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts