Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I still haven't even gotten around to replacing the corpse of the sony receiver, that is missing faceplate, ( still trying to figure out how th get it out)I am wondering what the concensus on keeping the stock Alfa 20 watt speakers, or change to more modern speakers when I get new receiver...I am also looking at a marine reciever. moisture resistent. as I am finding so much corosion, maybe that is one less issue...thanks guys 92 spider

Attachments

·
Registered
7,639 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
+1 for everything lgbalfa said. Unless there is some high-end system installed in a car, the factory speakers are generally barely adequate.

I would also definitely second lgbafa's recommendation (at the other thread) of Polk Audio spkrs. I replaced some factory Honda speakers in my wife's daily-driver many years ago with a pair from PA. After many years of neglect/dust, fog/moisture (hatch leaks a bit), and sun (big window - and yes, we do get some in SF) they have yet to miss a.. beat (*groan*). Of course, that's still not going to expose them to the elements to the degree that a Spider would.

The best part, as I recall, was the orig. generic/stealth wire mesh covers actually fit over the new (5-1/4" round (?)) spkrs. perfectly with the addition of exactly 1 layer of electrical tape around the cone housing's edge. But, of course, YMMV.

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool. I willl look into doing the speakers also. I do not blast my music, as a mater of fact, on a long drive I like to listen to language lessons, and audio books, so clearity would be good...thanks for the advice. by the way, your car is beautiful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts