Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 spider veloce with 45 degree adaptors on my spark plugs. The car had wires with 90 degree boots and it looked silly. should I keep the 45 degree adaptors and put on straight plug wires, or eliminate the adaptors and put 45 degree boots on the plugs. I understand the adaptors are for radio resistance, so do I have to keep them or do they make quality wires that dont need the adaptors?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
From what I can tell, the 90deg plug wires were original to the cars, but I'm probably wrong...the wires run under the intake boot that runs across the engine, and the bend facilitates this. Mine had straight wires when I picked it up last summer, and the #2 that sits under the intake boot was splitting on the outside casing from bending sharply. 45deg should be fine...

Look at engine pix from the web for references.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
90° bend metallic Bosch (Beru or Marelli also make them identical) plug caps were original, as John says, the best design for no#2 cyl where it needs to fit under the big air hose.

..also puts less stress on that plastic 'lead-tidy' fixed to the valve cover (which breaks easily if stressed) if the leads can come straight out and clip on the plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts