Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Going To Make A New Spare Tire Cover For My JrZ (see photos of old one), I Plan To Use A More Robust Material To Better Support Whatever Will Be Put Into The Rear Area; Is Anyone Else Interested In This?

In Addition; What Holds Down The Spare Tire? (I have two bolts doing this and they are definitely not original).

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Definitely. What material were you thinking of using?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've Looked Around At Various Hardware Stores And The Best I've Seen So Far Is 1/8" Thick Hardboard With One Side Finished And Primered, I Think I'll Buy A Sheet, Cut & Fit It, And (if all goes well) Paint/Seal It, I'll Try To Do This This Weekend And Post Photos.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In Addition; What Holds Down The Spare Tire? (I have two bolts doing this and they are definitely not original).
Hi John-

I think there should be two screws, like shown below. (One is out to show how it looks. It screws in across from the installed one.)
-Jason

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
In regards to the spare tire cover - is this a 1300 thing only? I don't have one on my 1600 but looks like a good idea.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
No - it is also on the 1600. Fun fact: Mine has #20 in crayon on the bottom, indicating the last 2 digits of my VIN (A Zagato practice with other cars/ trim pieces as well).

Mike

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Now I see why my rear carpet has the spare tire impression on it! I'm thinking of making something for the entire rear area to cover both the spare and the gas tank. This way I'll cut down on the sound of gas sloshing around too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts