Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day All,

Having just spent a lovely Sunday morning (currently 30°C 86°F) pulling some heads at the wreckers for spares, what is the best way to store them?

I was thinking to spray the cams and followers with spray grease (and maybe the face of the valves), refit the cam covers and wrap each head in several plastic garbage (trash) bags.

I don't really have space for these things but couldn't resist. I also blame the guy who keeps saying "you can't have enough spares" ;)

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
G'Day All,
I don't really have space for these things but couldn't resist. I also blame the guy who keeps saying "you can't have enough spares" ;)
WHO ME, you talking about me? Well, you can't have too many spare parts for these babies.

If nothing else and controlled climate storage is an issue Spray cam lobes with something like WD-40, install valve covers with SP well and cover gaskets and seal in clear plastic lawn leaf bags and seal up.

My head shop gives me back reworked heads in sealed clear bags made for head storage so pretty thick mil plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts