Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spaghetti - Wiring "ASSISTANCE" :)

Hey people I have removed my dash one more time since I had a few wires I had no clue on where they go.

I also want to thank "Papajam" Jim for his emails and assistance.

So there are three wires that need to go back where they came from I will label them A, B, and C.

Wire A) Has two white wires with black stripes on them the one end has a black female terminal for connection purposes. The other ends go to the blue plug for push button fog lights. The other end goes to a white plug with many wires.

Wire B) is a new one I noticed it has three red wires with black striping on the sides. Shouldn't be to hard to figure out this one I suspect it goes behind the fuse panel?

Wire C) single wire white with black striping goes to a plug then branches off to the dimmer controller

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Vince,

Wire A) Has two white wires with black stripes on them the one end has a black female terminal for connection purposes. The other ends go to the blue plug for push button fog lights. The other end goes to a white plug with many wires.
Most white/black wires seem to be for dimmable dash lamps. To identify the white connector I will need a pic.

Wire B) is a new one I noticed it has three red wires with black striping on the sides. Shouldn't be to hard to figure out this one I suspect it goes behind the fuse panel?
Doesn't ring any bells, nor does it show up in any of my photos. Red/Black wires are direct from the battery, how many pins on the connector?

Wire C) single wire white with black striping goes to a plug then branches off to the dimmer controller
Might go to the lighter lamp or the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a good picture I will take more today.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe this one goes behind the fuse panel holder since I believe it is a supply voltage line and there is a terminal that is bare at the fuse panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plug that the double wire goes to then to the dimmer sw. If I'm not mistaken the single wire goes here as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cluster spade connection.

So to recap I need to terminate this connection and the ARC AKA Christmas warning panel also has one single connection.

My thought is that the white with black stripes wires go to either of these connections.

I just want to confirm which one goes where.

I have lost the wire that goes to the spade connection of the lighter and the only other mystery is the three red wired/blk. stripe wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe this is the single wire with white connector. Poor quality shot have to do better than this.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the cluster it's obvious to me that the spade connection is for the cluster lights so it requires the wire that is controlled by the dimmer switch.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I believe this one goes behind the fuse panel holder since I believe it is a supply voltage line and there is a terminal that is bare at the fuse panel.
I don't think so, power to the fuse box comes via red wires with white connectors as pictured. Also there are often unused connectors on the fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting- Wonder where they go.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Craig I was left with two possible wires to go to the cluster one had a white connector the other black. So I thought the other connectors are white so my logical thinking told me go with white connector.

Going into the garage for a closer look.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay see if this makes sense.

Wire with white colour connector goes to the plug posted above from the plug it then goes to the dimmer switch controller.

The black connection wire goes to the same plug but the opposite end then it goes to the blue connector for fog lights then to black connector above or below fog lights then goes to the black connector. That explains two wires out from that connector.

The three red wires - one wire from the connector pictured above to the same multi wired plug. Second wire goes to the buzzer above the glove box.

Third wire goes to the plug bracket up behind the glove box to the far plug.

Does that make sense? So the question is we know where the wires are going but that black connector goes where? It’s the black connector with all three of these wires.

I can draw it better than I can explain it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hope this makes sense now. So assuming Craig your car is correct blak connection goes to cluster than the white one goes?

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is how the mystery three wired black connector is connected. Keep in mind I'm trying to terminate the black connection.

Please excuse the poor drawing was a quick way of illustrating what I have.

:p

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree since it probably requires to be dimmed as well. So this leaves me with the mystery three red with black striped wires.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I agree since it probably requires to be dimmed as well. So this leaves me with the mystery three red with black striped wires.
Which I'm going to have to give up on.

I've checked all (or nearly all) of the wiring diagrams I have and they all show (with some variations) the red/black wire coming from the engine compartment via connector G94d (sometimes G94c) which is the "last plug on plug support" in your drawing, then going to connection I1 on the fuse box. No two pin connector is shown that I can find.

So my guess is ABS or brake lamp turn signals or cruise control or seat belt warning or heated seats, non of which came to OZ.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Which I'm going to have to give up on.

I've checked all (or nearly all) of the wiring diagrams I have and they all show (with some variations) the red/black wire coming from the engine compartment via connector G94d (sometimes G94c) which is the "last plug on plug support" in your drawing, then going to connection I1 on the fuse box. No two pin connector is shown that I can find.

So my guess is ABS or brake lamp turn signals or cruise control or seat belt warning or heated seats, non of which came to OZ.
I'm still thinking because of where I found this hangin it may go to that bare spade behind the fuses. It may just have come off when I pulled the fuse/relay panel off. I do appreciate all your help mate.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'm still thinking because of where I found this hangin it may go to that bare spade behind the fuses. It may just have come off when I pulled the fuse/relay panel off. I do appreciate all your help mate.
There is no provision for a two pin connector on the fuse box and they wouldn't put a two pin connector on a single pin.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts