Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all the faithful who came out to the races this year. Those that did saw some great racing and the upgraded Little Italy "big top". It was great to see many of our friends and know you're out there while we are racing.

Rob Vincent from Spokane did a great job of arranging for the tent and getting all the Alfa's under or around it. Thanks Rob!

We had our share of problems this year, lost a few cars the first day(Frank and Jim) but most faired well over the weekend. My car made it through the weekend for the first time -yahoo! I raced in the USRRC race on Sunday what a blast that was. I loved racing against the Elvias and the sound of that GT 40 passing me on the straight -Wow! Had a great dice with Skip Foss and his wonderful 2002- got him on the last lap.

Our friend and buddy Burt Levy was in town causing trouble and being roudy. He almost mooched a ride from Frank until he threw a rod. I don't believe he got out on the track although he drove a 1923 Bentley down Hwy 18 at 85. Always a story with that guy.

Anybody have any pictures to post from the weekend? I didn't have time to take any. Post em here if you can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The attendance was the largest I had seen in the last few years. The car corrals had over 325 cars. Rather impressive turnout compared to last year which I heard was down.

The hub of activity was definately the Alfa "Little Italy" tent which outnumbered the number of Alfas in the corral for most the weekend. The Alfa corral was in a different location this year along the asphalt road squeezed between the Opel GTs and Lotus. I had the only Alfa there on Friday - there were ten on Saturday. At this rate I will have the only Alfa there not in the tent next year........

·
Registered
352 Posts
cheers to Rob

Thanks Rob for letting me hang out an eat all your food.

Pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts