Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Last week I happily got my first Alfa, a 1990 Spider Graduate. I'm looking for a good auto mechanic in or near the South Bay of Los Angeles; Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan, Torrance, etc. There's one in West Hollywood, Alfa Milano, Inc., but that's a bit of a haul. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Travis, I go to Omega Motorsports with Uwe.

(310) 836-3160
3822 Clarington Ave,
Culver City CA 90232

Enjoy your spider.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, man! I'll check them out.
I found another mechanic in Redondo Beach. 'International Dream Cars' on Aviation Blvd. I was getting 'er smogged and low and behold there was a little shop across the street flying the green, white and red flag. Strolled over while the Spider was up on the machine. They had Ferrari's, Fiat's, Alfa's and a couple I couldn't identify off the bat. Talked with the owner for a while. Really nice guy. Seems honest. Nice, clean shop, which is often a good indicator. Taking it in for a good going over next week. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let us know how it works and what his name is.

Good luck.

Nick

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for the tip, man! I'll check them out.
I found another mechanic in Redondo Beach. 'International Dream Cars' on Aviation Blvd. I was getting 'er smogged and low and behold there was a little shop across the street flying the green, white and red flag. Strolled over while the Spider was up on the machine. They had Ferrari's, Fiat's, Alfa's and a couple I couldn't identify off the bat. Talked with the owner for a while. Really nice guy. Seems honest. Nice, clean shop, which is often a good indicator. Taking it in for a good going over next week. I'll keep ya posted.

Dan is the dreamcar owner. He bought the shop from Carlo. Dan is friends w/ some of my "I" car buddies and they swear by him. One of the biggest Dan fans if the red F-car owner who's car you probably saw there just recently with all the stickers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Dan is pretty much the man. Great guy who knows and loves his cars. Recently owned an Alfa Spider that he restored so he knows them back and forth. Now he's working on a Porsche 914(i think it is). He's got hand-built twin turbo's on it, pushing nearly 300 hp!
On any given day you might find Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, Fiat, MG, Rolls Royce, and of course an odd Alfa or two. I find myself dropping by to ask a question just to see what he's got on hand and to talk cars, which he's always more than game to do.
Gave my Alfa to him to give it a good once over. He gave it a few tweaks and it's almost like driving a different car. More power off the line, smoother acceleration, and it just sounds happier. On top of it he's more than reasonable with his rates. I only hesitate to recommend him cuz I don't want it to be harder to get my car in there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts