Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am going home next month to see me ma and me bro and to baby-sit the new 3.7 Litre 24 Valve through the shop a bit....

Anyone wanna come...? (Dawie's shop is just down the street from them.) Air will be around $1,500 and we can stay with my family, talk Alfas (Dawie is a true Alfa V6 fundi and you guys will enjoy his colourful personality...) We'll do a quick 10 day, in and out of there...

Come on Nizam, what do you say? You and April can come (hey, I drove to Laguna Seca to see you guys, you can do this....) Chip, Shannon? L-a-r-ryeeee! Luis - I know that you have nothing but time!

Maybe we can even fit a drive around Zwartkops in one of Dawie's cars? I'll ask.

Call me. 425.941.4747
Cheers,
JvR

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Hey do you know Barry? He is one of the engineer/mechanics of Alfa Romeo Squadra Corse in South Africa (for the Touring car races). He has a nice Giulietta 2.8. You should get parts from them, what a creative bunch they are! I am 100% sure he knows Dawie.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Wow, isn't that like 19-23 hours of flight time, not counting transit times? One way?

I'm not sure if I can make that much time available this soon. Lemme think about this a little more.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well....

75Evo - Barry ends up buying through Dawie anyway.... Not to say; "..cut out the middle man" or anything, but you know what I mean... I've heard that Barry does some nice work too however, I don't know him.

Yeah, Chip - Dawie does know how to spend a guy's money... (read: build a mean motor...) Man I can't afford it right now either, but I'm going to crunch and just do a week.

Nizam, from Miami/New York/Atlanta you're talking about 17-18 hours non-stop.... But you gotta get there (East Coast) first.... I think that SA Airlines still offers LA to Cape Town service (about the same time) and then just catch a 2 hour up to Jahannesburg. It's a 45 minute drive up to Pretoria from JhB. My brother will pick us up, but I think we'll rather rent a car for 25 bucks a day between us.

Seriously, we can stay with my family. This would be awesome. Would April go too? Maybe we can do a fast bush/hunting side-trip...

The alternative is to fly to Europe spend a night or two and then SA (add 10 hours.... (Same time zone...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts