Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing the fuel hose bits on my '81 Spider the insulating post covers on the fuel pump (under the passenger side floor) crumbled. Has anyone found a source for these? I'm working on building up liquid electrical tape on male molds, but I'd rather have the real deal. I don't want to paint the connections as it's bad enough taking things apart with undercoating gooping it up.

Thx.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. That's a good source to know about, but in this case the wire is on a stud and needs a 90-degree cover. Like the battery cable end covers, only way smaller.

Here is the original cover on the left, the male mold with a coat of goo drying, and the first try result. The mold is 1/2" in diameter.

This might work, but it's a PITA. A better mold release than Vaseline might help it go better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry, for I didn't know what you were dealing with. Maybe someone will chime in with a correct source, or an extra. I do have to give you big kudos for being resourceful in working with what you have. Good luck on finding the part.

-Doug

·
Registered
8,104 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Bosch tip. Looks like that would work, even the nuts look to be different sizes to assist with proper assembly as are mine. I'll dig around and see what I can find. Hmm..

I'll also tap some of my racing pals, they might have needs for stuff like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts