Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wood Tool Household hardware Font Metal
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Circle Metal
Andy
I’m the one that bought the carb parts from Don.There was one carb return spring but it’s not from a 102.Anyone guess what it’s from?And can anyone use it?
I have two springs that look like the ones that you need for the pedals,but I can’t sure without checking the ones on my car.I can get out to the garage this weekend to see
Bob

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,

I'm in re-assembly mode and discovered I don't have springs for the accelerator shaft (see picture) or for the brake and clutch pedals. Can't find them on Classic Alfa, OKP or AFRA. Brake and clutch pedal springs look pretty standard, but I've no idea how strong they should be. The accelerator shaft one (102.00.44.503.00) looks a bit more special.

Any ideas where to get these or good substitutes?

Thanks,
Andy
View attachment 1717959

View attachment 1717960
Andy
A couple of things
The carb parts breakdown is from a sedan.The roadsters are different.Here is one from a roadster.There is no spring on the left side of the shaft on the firewall,there is a vertical spring on the right side of the shaft.There is another spring on the shaft above the carbs.
I was able to get underneath my car today.To my disbelief there were no return springs attached to my pedals!!! When I rebuilt my cylinders 20 years ago I inexplicably left them off.Thats why I had two “spares”. I’m sorry but I won’t be able to part with them.The ring is 10mm(the same size as the pin)and the length is 80mm

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts