Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished cosmetically restoring my Bendix fuel pump which fortunately works great and was in very good shape. The hoses - not so much. I am not sure if these are the original hoses but the outer rubber casing has completely cracked away and the fabric inner part is exposed. They somehow didn't leak on the few short drives I took before starting the restoration. Does anyone have a source for pre-made lines or for the parts to make up an original set. I was trying to avoid using braided metal lines.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have had no luck with that. The female end is an inverted flare and the threaded part of body of the nut is longer than I have been able to locate. What I ended up doing is cutting the swedged brass colored pieces off the soft line and then was able to pull the soft hose of the barbed end of the fitting, and just use a gas hose on it with clamps. The one that Alfa stop has would not work on my car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have just finished cosmetically restoring my Bendix fuel pump which fortunately works great and was in very good shape. The hoses - not so much. I am not sure if these are the original hoses but the outer rubber casing has completely cracked away and the fabric inner part is exposed. They somehow didn't leak on the few short drives I took before starting the restoration. Does anyone have a source for pre-made lines or for the parts to make up an original set. I was trying to avoid using braided metal lines.

Thanks,
Rob[/QUOTE

The ones on the 2600 Spider are the same, I took them to a shop that rebuilds hydraulic lines for trucks mainly, they ususally have the fitting if not they can replace the hose and reuse the ends. I had an extra set made just in case.

Mike v

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Think Automotive made mine to pattern........whilst I waited!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise. I have found a hydraulic line repair shop in Indianapolis and I will take them over this week to be repaired.

Rob

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel lines now rebuilt

Thanks to the advise I received I had the lines rebuilt and they look really close the originals. I used Earls in Gasoline Alley, Indianapolis where a few race teams and race related businesses are located. The lines were rebuilt internally with modern braided stainless steel lines, then covered with a black rubber shrink wrap to make them look like originals.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts