Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've stripped out the interior of my 74 GTV and insulated entire interior with Dynamat Xtreme. I now need to decide who to call for replacement panels and seat upolstery kits.I've spent the good part of the day surfing the internet and the Alfa bb to find a recommended supplier. It looks as if Re-Originals may be the parts place to go. However, I want the best quality with minimal fit issues and I'm interested in opinions and suggestions from this most knowledgible group.
Here's exactly what I need:
- Front and rear seat upolstery kit (leather or vinyl?). Should I buy a kit and have my upolsterer install it or just buy the material and let him make them?;
- Carpet (I like wool and I'm not concerned about originality);
- Kick panels;
- Material to recover console;
- Boot fot handbrake and tranny; and
- Rubber molding around inside of doors (I'm particularly woried about finding the wrong stuff that will cause door closing problems).

Also, I would love to add a couple of accessory guages on the console right above the gear shift lever. Any ideas?
Finally, is the standard foam that upolsterers use sufficiennt on top of the Dynamat under the carpet, or is there something better (in additional to the Dynamat) to use for sound and heat insulation (the material I found under the carpet (and ripped out) was a jute type of stuff that seemed pretty substantial. I'm trying to make the interior as quite as possible.
Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was very pleased with the seat cover kits for my '74 GTV that I got from Alfaholics in England. They were Italian made, very good quality and fit, and shipped right away from the UK by Mail. It was not that hard to install the covers myself with a good pair of pliers and a lot od dissassembly/reassembly. I highly recommend Alfaholics and they have a great website .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just did my 71.
Panels from re-originals...they were good but as you can see there's a bit of a fit issue, strangely not noticable from the drivers seat, seat retrimmed in leather...I found a guy locally...frames stripped and repainted.
It's worth doing this because the black metal looks new.
The carpets are wool..very thick and again custom.
The wood veneer panels are from Centerline...
The bits and pieces like handles and various knobs..heater etc..were from re-originals or used and refurbished,
The guy who did the interior sourced vinyl to cover the tunnel..the wooden part of the head rests were sande and re-stained which proved to be a good thing.

I also had anything that was metal polished as much as possible and repaired the grab handles and lights...cleaning and polishing as I went.

My car isn't original, but I it feels very fresh and new inside.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a great interior! Thanks for your input and where did you get the neat clutch, brake and gas pedal metal covers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks....the pedals were on the car when I got it...but I think that they are available most anywhere.

Good luck with your project.
How about some pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts