Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the Borgo rings that were supplied with my Piston and Liner set with a set of Hastings rings.

Unfortunately, I can't find a source for the the Hastings 2C9520 ring set.

That set includes a 1.5mm top ring, 1.75mm middle ring, and 4mm oil ring.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Yes, just order directly from them!
I find that the original Borgo compression rings are fine. I just replace the oil control ring with the Hastings 3 piece. You can order individual rings from them too if you break one!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would like to replace the Borgo rings that were supplied with my Piston and Liner set with a set of Hastings rings.

Unfortunately, I can't find a source for the the Hastings 2C9520 ring set.

That set includes a 1.5mm top ring, 1.75mm middle ring, and 4mm oil ring.
Yours for $25 + postage:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I have seen all the hype about Hastings piston rings and thought, how good can they be???

Well, we recently rebuilt our 2L spider motor and had NAPA hone the cylinders and used Hastings rings. SEALED instantly and cannot say enough about Hastings. I did run the car up to a reasonable speed and allow the engine to slow the car down. This was repeated several times and again, Hastings ROCKS! Maybe has something to do with a high vacuum condition when decelerating?

Be patient and find them, I bet Hastings will assist if you need

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen all the hype about Hastings piston rings and thought, how good can they be???

Well, we recently rebuilt our 2L spider motor and had NAPA hone the cylinders and used Hastings rings. SEALED instantly and cannot say enough about Hastings. I did run the car up to a reasonable speed and allow the engine to slow the car down. This was repeated several times and again, Hastings ROCKS! Maybe has something to do with a high vacuum condition when decelerating?

Be patient and find them, I bet Hastings will assist if you need
I did find a set!

Actually, I posted this after buying a set from one of our fav Alfa parts distributors. But I couldn't use that set because the end gaps were way too large. Had to return them. Since no one else seemed to be selling these, that's when I started this topic.

I bought the set in Post#4. That set gapped properly. So they're going into my rebuild.

·
Premium Member
14,247 Posts
You can buy them direct from Hastings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts