Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1984 GTV6 is missing about eight of the screws that hold in the speedo, tach, etc. They're oval Phillips head screws, 1.5 inches long, 20 threads per inch, black in color. Yes, two screws per gauge is enough to hold them in fine but the empty holes bother me. Nothing like them at the hardware store. Does anybody know of a good source for these?

Thanks much,
Jon

·
But Mad North-Northwest
13,129 Posts
Try Amazon. They have a decent and easily-searchable selection of fasteners in their industrial section.

They're going to be metric, BTW, not TPI.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My 1984 GTV6 is missing about eight of the screws that hold in the speedo, tach, etc. They're oval Phillips head screws, 1.5 inches long, 20 threads per inch, black in color. Yes, two screws per gauge is enough to hold them in fine but the empty holes bother me. Nothing like them at the hardware store. Does anybody know of a good source for these?

Thanks much,
Jon
Hi Jon,

If you don't have better luck finding new replacements, I found 5 for those screws in with my extra gauges. Might find a few more with some digging?

You can contact me directly with e-mail if that's any help. Any other GTV6 bits on your list while I'm at it?

Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Found almost identical replacements (I believe the heads were beveled) in the hardware section at Home Depot. Cost me about $5 to replace every one of the screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.