Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source for the clips that the front grille pins fit into? These are the same ones that are used to hold down the air dam at the base of the windshield. They're white and rectangular with a spring-loaded slot that the pin fits into.

These have to be pretty common (heck, my washing machine uses what looks like the same part to keep the door closed) but darned if I can find 'em.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
correct your cloths dryer probably uses the same ones..ive seen several apliances that use the same clip

a "good" autobody paint and supply shop "should" be able to locate a source for them...but ive not tryed as i dont have a need for any....i do have such a shop i can check with tho...as well as haveing a small handfull of used clips

·
Registered
39 Posts
me too

yeah I need to look into that too, my grille is popped out on one side because of damaged clips. if anyone finds a source I am interested also.

walker

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would look on the Auveco website. They have their entire catalog online.
Yeah, tried it but didn't see anything similar. Nor at any of the other online fastener shops. Maybe I'll run by a body shop here and see what they say.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I decided to order a few from an appliance parts store. Like I said, the Milano one looks a lot like the one on my dryer so that's what I got:

Model MLG2000AWW

I should have them next week and I'll let you guys know if they fit.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Somebody wake the loneliest repair man in town

This BB is a great source of info. If Maytag no longer stocks replacement parts, I now know that I can call Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange for a replacement.

If only Maytag built autos....... My Maytags are my most reliable machines.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Anyone have a source for the clips that the front grille pins fit into? These are the same ones that are used to hold down the air dam at the base of the windshield. They're white and rectangular with a spring-loaded slot that the pin fits into.

These have to be pretty common (heck, my washing machine uses what looks like the same part to keep the door closed) but darned if I can find 'em.

Thanks.
I have many many good used ones and maybe some new. They are black of course.

Probably won't have time to dig them up as new baby coming any second. But if you need them let me know and I can dig a few up.
J

·
Registered
115 Posts
you can also find these clips inside the car, if you can find a wrecker, look in the passenger side of the foot well and the litttle cover in the far corner near the door thats covering the ignition module has 2 of them.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I decided to order a few from an appliance parts store. Like I said, the Milano one looks a lot like the one on my dryer so that's what I got:

Model MLG2000AWW

I should have them next week and I'll let you guys know if they fit.
Okay, got them. I just tried them on the passenger side footwell light so far, but they seem to work well. The only catch is you can't just press them in from the front: you need to pry the metal clip off, push the plastic piece in from the front, and then push the metal clip onto the back. I don't remember if this is the case for the OEM ones. The price was $4.85 each.

Incidentally, the reason I was trying to find new rather than used ones is that they seem to get pretty brittle over time, and I assumed ones from APE would just start cracking the same as the ones I already have.

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, even if you compress the tooth so it doesn't stick out the clip won't press in - I tried it. If you see the part you'll understand why: there's no way for the metal spring to compress further when it's in place.

Ha...$5 is cheap for Alfa stuff. I was happy to find them at any price. At least it's better than the $3 door pins that you need like 20 of for each door panel, and then you break half of them every time you take the panel off.

Plus these come with Maytag quality built in. They'll probably outlast the rest of the car. In ten years it'll just be a pile of red dust and four plastic clips. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts