Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My January 1959 Spider has, or had, boots like the one in this photo of my brake light switch on the terminals for a number of electrical components, such as the ignition coil and distributor (low tension) and the generator. The boots have been crumbling apart. I have not found replacements from the usual sources. I suspect that they might be same as used on AH 100s and MGAs, but no luck at the sources for spares for those cars either. Does anyone know of a source?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Alex. I am afraid that I gave up my search too easily, but I knew that someone here would know where to look!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
P.S.

Tom or anyone else, could you measure up the remaining rubber boot you have on your car to compare with the ones from the vendors Alex pointed out?

Dennis

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Small on coil and water and oil senders.
larger on brake light switch and starter solenoid.

I imagine there are others but I haven't found them.
Ciao,
Bill Gillham
Jefferson, OR

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Thanks Bill, but as I didn´t find one single rubber terminal cover left on neither of my cars (101 1600) and thus nothing to compare with, may I ask you what would your standard order be when ordering a complete set for one car with these guys (AES)?
If possible with the article numbers?

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Hard to tell from the pictures. I guess #1 and #3.

Use part number 070801 for the small ones

Use #070805 for the large one on the brake switch and the starter if you have the stock size battery cable.

Use #070806 if your battery cable is larger than 10 mm

Ciao,
Bill Gillham
Jefferson Oregon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts