Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a source to have a couple of Fispa air cleaner decals and a paint sticker made for my restoration project. I contacted a guy who sells restoration decal sets on ebay who said he could make them but that was a year ago and he's no longer answering my emails.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Jim,

I often see various types of resto-decals on E-Bay. Keep an eye out for some and e-mail the guy who does them. Also, maybe you should try Matt at Re-Originals, or Black Bart (links can be found to them at www.alacentro.com).

Good hunting!

Ciao!

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the leads!

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx & OK

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to fellow BBer Alex Csank for the heads up on the www.alfacentro.com site thru which a link to www.carclassic.biz was found. Seems they have decals for many different makes and models.
I eagerly await their reply.
Here's a pic of one of the Fispa decals (actually, I think these were silk screened on or something)...

Attachments

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can anyone translate the second one?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
My Italian is pretty rusty, but this is pretty close:

Filter Air RETEX 2275.01
Clean frequently the element filter by washing in gasoline or kerosene and air drying. Use the genuine, original item.

·
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx John :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just bought a set of the decals from the gentleman who sells them on ebay. The quality is decent but be prepared to wait a long long time for them to get to you and for him to respond to emails. Turns out the decal set shipped from Peru. They do have a website I believe its call carclassicbiz.com. Goodluck!:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Be prepared to wait a very, very long time...in my case 7 weeks. He blames it on the mail and he says he is in Miami but he is in Peru.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
FYI:

Translation of script: the text "sostituirlo se avariato" was wrongly translated as "and air drying" but actually means "replace if damaged".

Carclassic.biz: I believe Santiago Gabaldoni is in Florida. His eBay feedback can be seen at http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=sgabal.
The first set of decals I bought from him arrived in about a month and was sent from Peru. The second set never arrived. When I followed up after 3 months, he complained why I didn't contact him earlier, implying that I was a cheapo trying to rip him off. I never received a replacement.

Cheers,

Ruedi

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Beware of the items on eBay.
Some are of inferior quality. Several have just fallen off.
Slightly different type styles from original on some of the stickers

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I wondered about the quality of those eBay reproduction decals. Don't we have some resources (AlfaBB members) that could produce high quality Alfa decals? I know I'd purchase some. Along with a set of good under hood decals I'd be interested in a green hood serpent and fender quadrifoglios. Ala the white GTA 1300 Juniors.

I'm a sucker for decals. Got a whole briefcase full of 'em and covered with 'em.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Restoration Decals

Ruedi,
I have checked my database and have you as a return customer that bought a couple of restoration decal sets, I see you claim you never recieved the second set, I did not knew this, but I am willing to fix the problem, let me know exactly what is your car model and I will send a second set of decals, maybe my spam blocker had me troubled, I just want the chance to have you as another happy customer, and I recently saw your claim althoug old in the BB
Thanks
Santiago
www.carclassic.biz

·
Registered
266 Posts
Www.carclassic.biz

Hi sgabal,

I can't any further into your website than the home page, what am I missing and how do I get there?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ron,
We where updating some features, the hover buttons where not working, please try again, it should work if not please let me know
Kind regards
Santiago

1 - 20 of 25 Posts