Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car & Classic Newsletter dated Feb 21, 2020, had a nice article entitled, Summer Fun - "Five Timeless Convertible Classics" and recommended the following examples. As a UK publication, the currency is in £’s.

1) Up to £2,500 – The MGF, 2) Up to £5,000 – The Audi B4 Convertible, 3) Up to £10,000 – The Saab 900 Turbo, 4) Up to £20,000 – The TVR Chimaera and, 5) £20,000 upwards – Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider.

While the entire article is an encouragement to believe warmer weather is an eventuality (good news considering Tulsa’s frigid temps), the section on the Giulia make me warm all over. The following is presented as an affirmation of our decision to buy our Giulias, (really any and all topless Alfas) it is a wonderful molto bene for all Alfisti. Enjoy:

5) £20,000 upwards – Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider
"When the budget is unlimited, there is nothing to hold you back other than your imagination. However, we would encourage you to consider this, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider, because when it comes to classic convertibles there are few as beautiful as those cars from Italy. And the Giulia, well, it is quite simply achingly beautiful. It’s also a reminder that convertibles aren’t about the destination, they’re about the journey. They are for enjoying the moment, not breakneck speed.

We’ve gone for the Giulia rather than the Giulietta as it has a bigger 1.6 engine which will make it more enjoyable in today’s traffic. It still has the pure, delicate design of its forebear though, with lashings of chrome and perfectly sculpted lines. This is a car that everyone will love and fall for, whether they like cars or not. It’s an exercise in style as much as it is one of all things automotive.” (Emphasis, mine) Sorry, I just couldn’t resist…

Ray

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks, I now know what to do after work tomorrow! It hit 80 today here in Northern California today. When I get home tomorrow I am dropping the top and getting out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts