Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
no kidding, Doug
I've been following this one. Either this is a scam or the high ‘bidders’ are going to default. It’s possible that Bidder 7 made a typo on his price and will retract his bid. It's also possible that Bidder 8 is a moron (or a ‘shill bidder’ to run the price up). Any way you look at it, something is very, very strange here. More importantly, where were these guys when you were listing the HF?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Αpart from that, the car is (or is transformed to)a Fulvia 3 (the ultimate version of the second series)and it couldn't be a 1972 model.It's a post 74 model.Only the writings on the back of the car are incorrect.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Actually, those details may be the only things that are not troubling here. The car is probably an early Fulvia 3; it has the S3 black headlight surrounds (which someone could fake), the S3 white instruments and plastic steering wheel (neither of which anyone would want to fake), and high-back seats. It does indeed have the earlier S2 rear emblems, but I've seen several cars with 'transitional' spec--some S2 details and some Fulvia 3 details; presumably the factory wanted to reduce their stocks of S2-spec trim even after they officially transitioned to Fulvia 3.

The 1972 registration is also not surprising. Given the lowered requirements for imports over 25 years old, and given that Lancia never stamped date of manufacture on its VIN plates, a number of cars had their registration dates 'adjusted backwards' for import or to avoid post-'67 safety standards. I've seen more than one '1967' S2 Fulvia...

Having said all that, everything else about this sale smells like fish...

·
Registered
454 Posts
The 1972 registration is also not surprising. Given the lowered requirements for imports over 25 years old, and given that Lancia never stamped date of manufacture on its VIN plates, a number of cars had their registration dates 'adjusted backwards' for import or to avoid post-'67 safety standards. I've seen more than one '1967' S2 Fulvia...

Having said all that, everything else about this sale smells like fish...
Quite interesting.Never heard of that!!!!!Thanks Ed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts