231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi administrators,
Can you pls delete this post,
Thanks, Mick

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It is on a large boat stuck in the Suez canal.

To be serious, I have had surprisingly quick deliveries from Classic Alfa, from the UK to North America in less time than a few states away.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
To be serious, I have had surprisingly quick deliveries from Classic Alfa, from the UK to North America in less time than a few states away.
Me too--I once ordered a part after midnight on Wednesday (i.e., early Thursday) and had it by the end of the day on Friday. Just last week I ordered something on Thursday afternoon and got it Monday. Maybe @OMWattsy's delivery woes are related to DHL's operations in Germany.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I agree with all of the above re incredibly fast deliverires from Classic Alfa but Ive also received prompt delivieres from OKP.
By the same token I restore old Land Rovers and have purchased parts for those vehicles from the UK that were shipped via DHL and got "stuck" in hubs both overseas and in the US for extended periods of time.

I dont think the blame can be placed on any one vendor/originating country.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received this reply on the Lancia Fulvia Facebook page:
Ditto, though I suspect Deutsche Post is somehow called "DHL" I have had parts delivered to New Zealand from Germany in 5 days by DHL proper, supplied by Bielstein but took 4 weeks from Historic Racing Works. I think this is a result of their cheaper pricing.

My reply:
Interesting comment. 1. Compared to Classic Alfa/DHL pricing in the UK, the postage cost that I was charged by HTR is higher. Postage for my 4 wheel bearing cost 50 euros.
2. And you might be correct about being handed over to Deutsche Post. My Tracking information shows it will be handed over to Auspost at some stage.
Not happy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi Mick,
google deutsche post and they are DHL. i'm guessing there is airfreight divisions and a postal division. i would put the blame with historic racing works as they have posted it and said DHL so a bit misleading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts