Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost 1500 Alfa's where on the Track on Assen where this weekend the Champacars are racing!!!!

Watch and enjoy it...

Have fun

Concorso di tuning whit my 3.5 Savali USA...

2 beauties...

To much to post

check this link for photo's if you click on the pictures they will get bigger.....

http://www.alfaclub.nl/fotoalbum.php?aid=71

Ciaooo

Greetz Roel

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Hi Roel,

That's amazing :eek:
I don't think any of us have seen so many Alfa Romeos together at once.

Of course, I still think your engine bay looks best - even with its plastic fuel filter.

Pity about that JTS 'Twin Phaser' engine. Isn't that a GM-sourced unit? It doesn't look anything like an Alfa Romeo engine...

Nice to see such a collection of Montreals as well! Though, my favourite classic Alfa is the GTA Junior.

I've always loved the SZ and its 'timeless' styling - ugly enough to be a new car, yet it's getting on for 20 years old.

And what were the times like - is a 155 etc. as fast as a Montreal? Or were the owners/drivers too cautious for that?

-Alex

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Thanks Roel,
Excellent shots. I would be interested in the 155 times as well. That blue Silverstone looks awesome. Can you tell me what series this Alfa is in your link? I love early 60's styling :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think this is a 2600 touring, but I am not for sure, I can ask that for you in our forum.
The 155 are build by the boys from alfa romeo tuning club155 = http://62.194.131.120/for/portal.php
They build in a 164 S enigne V6 12v and make 232 bhp out of it and gone race the Alfa Romeo challenge next year, the build 3 cars, 2 x V6 and 1x 2.0 16v Twinspark, in bleu red and black, with the original letters from the time the drive DTM, and also chipped by Squadra.

And yes the GM V6 is already noy build anymore by Holden.......

It were 2 beautiful days with,

1500 Alfa's on the circuit in Assen.
33, 75, Sud, Sei, GTV- Giulietta, Spiders, Montreal, RZ, SZ, 916 Spider & GTV, Giulia, Bertone, 6c touring , 155 DTM, Zagato, 159, Giulietta 116,
166, GT, 145/146, Brera & Spider , 147 , 156, "164 QV 12v. QV 24v. V6 TB. Q4 24v. 3.5 12v Savali. TS Super. FL TS. V6 12v Super. 24v Super". 90, Giulia, Alfetta- GTV, spider & bertone, 2000 Touring, Junior zagato, 2600 , Mille Miglia , and also a lot of Alfa Romeo racingcars, yo can se them on the link downstairs....
and many more, there where people from Latvia, Poland, England, Espana, Greece, Ireland, USA, Germany, luxembourg, France, Austria, Belgium, Denmark and maybey even more!!!!!
This is tHE AlFA ROMEO Party of the year and the biggest Alfa Romeo Museum in the world for 2 days...., SAID THE NEWSPAPER!!!!

Check http://www.spettacolosportivo.eu/ it is in 7 languages.......

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
awesome pics! thanks for taking the time to post them Roel!!!

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Awaiting Re-introduction.

2008 cannot get here soon enough for Alfisti in the US.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Man, if I didn't know better I'd say Alfas come from Holland! On a per capita basis Dutch Alfa ownership has to blow any other country into the weeds. And I don't think I've ever seen a scabby looking one in the bunch. Is there an explanation for such enthusiasm?

Mike Hollinger
Atlanta

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is true that Holland is the creazyiest country in the world if its goes over Alfa Romeo, our club has almost 4500- 5000 members and we called it a virus...
When you have that virus you are lost..

It's really nice we have a graet forum and there is a living trade in second and new parts, als we give workshops and more like that, really amazing and very nice...

Greetz Roel

Registroleader 164 alfaclub nl

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Wow great pics. Thanks for posting. I want my front yard to look like that.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I was going to move to New Zealand for outdoor adventure, but now I'm moving to the Netherlands to join your Alfa Club! ;)
Charles

·
Registered
457 Posts
our club has almost 4500- 5000 members and we called it a virus...
I don't want to put too fine a point on it but that's astounding. The Alfa Romeo Owner's Club here in North America has about that many members, if I remember correctly, and we have about twenty times the population! Virus, indeed.

Mike Hollinger
Atlanta

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't want to put too fine a point on it but that's astounding. The Alfa Romeo Owner's Club here in North America has about that many members, if I remember correctly, and we have about twenty times the population! Virus, indeed.

Mike Hollinger
Atlanta
That's true, but we have a small country with only 15 million people and thats something else than the people who lives in the States,

But it is still a virus:D

Cheers mate....:p

Ciaoo

Greetz Roel

·
Registered
418 Posts

Mike Hollinger
Atlanta
- In Denmark we are roughly 5.5 mil. people and still the Alfa Romeo Club has more than 2,000 members :cool:

How's THAT for "per capita"?!? :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts