Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have generally avoided things electrical, but time for that to end, so looking for a little basic help to get me started.

I just want to confirm I am reading Papajam's wiring diagram correctly because literally the first plug terminal I looked at (new harness from a vendor) looks wired wrong. Odds of that seem low, but who knows?

Below is a picture of a 1974 US GTV diagram from Papajam. It shows grey wire should go through #1 position in the plug terminal. But the plug terminal itself, I THINK, has it going through #2.

Can someone confirm I am numbering the plug terminal correctly in the 2nd picture? I think that's how the wiring diagram maps to the plug, but maybe I am wrong.

Papajam wiring diagram:

Actual terminal plug wiring:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Not knowing much about the actual connector, it does seem like 1 and 2 are swapped. What does the mating connector look like.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
You are reading it correctly. Either Jim made an error with his schematic or your plug is wired incorrectly.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
I have seen numerous mistakes at connectors in wiring harness. Always double check each connector against a wiring diagram and the harness your replacing.

Most of the mistakes I've seen have been replacement harness from the factory. i.e. Alfa and Saab to name a couple.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, Jim had it right on his diagram. Factory diagram below confirms.

So should I be annoyed that I paid a vendor to do this harness and I have to check their work connection by connection? Or are mistakes like this just par for the course?

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,160 Posts
So should I be annoyed that I paid a vendor to do this harness and I have to check their work connection by connection?
That's up to you. If it's only one wire, and the harness fits and works, I would be as happy as a lark.

Or are mistakes like this just par for the course?
It could be a one time mistake or, the harness that was used as a guide has this same issue. You could notify the vendor as a good gesture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts