Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1987 spider veloce and have some questions.
1. I have 2 red/black wires hanging below dash by gas pedal with one having a black plug 1 has power.Any idea what there for ?
2. The car has front fog lights that aren't working.Are the set of push buttons on the left side of window buttons for front and rear fogs and if so which are for front?
3.The car has air and the rotary dial turns the fan on but what does the rocker switch above the heat control sliders do? It does not work now.
Thanks for any help
Harry

·
Administrator
17,002 Posts
1) might be the wires to the 'you left the key in, dummy' & 'you forgot to put your seat belt on' buzzers.

2) a picture of these switches would be helpful

3) is it the switch for power mirrors? (see also the reply to #2)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi I have a 1987 spider veloce and have some questions.
1. I have 2 red/black wires hanging below dash by gas pedal with one having a black plug 1 has power.Any idea what there for ?
2. The car has front fog lights that aren't working.Are the set of push buttons on the left side of window buttons for front and rear fogs and if so which are for front?
3.The car has air and the rotary dial turns the fan on but what does the rocker switch above the heat control sliders do? It does not work now.
Thanks for any help
Harry
Kemer, can't help with number 1. As to numbers 2 and 3, the pic below is of my center console. I don't have front fog lights; the toggle switch on the left is for my rear fog light (the next light between that and the window switches is for an alarm system a PO installed). See also the pic from the owners manual. The rotary disks to the left of the clock only work the a/c. The rocker switch at the top above the slide controls is for the blower motor for the vents on top of the dash (defrost) and in the foot wells.

That fan/blower motor assembly is located under the center of the dash (in front of the center console) and is often rusted so that it doesn't turn. If you search on here you will find a number of threads relating to attempting to free it up and replacing it.

1416339391261.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Hi I have a 1987 spider veloce......
spiders never had front fogs, so I guess that was put in by the PO.

the rear fog switch looks like those in this thread (one half is the rear fog, other half is blank)
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/197416-graduate-fog-light-switch.html
EDIT: as shown by alfaporsche, who beat me to it:)

the series one alfa 33 has a neat double fog light switch (which I have used in my spider, seen in post # 9 on the above thread)

·
Registered
449 Posts
1) might be the wires to the 'you left the key in, dummy' & 'you forgot to put your seat belt on' buzzers.

2) a picture of these switches would be helpful

3) is it the switch for power mirrors? (see also the reply to #2)
My 'you left the key in, dummy' buzzer is not working but my 'you forgot to put your seat belt on' buzzer is. The first one has been on my to do list since I got the car but I just have not gotten around to it. I find that without the buzzer, I occasionally am the dummy that leaves the key in. :confused: Fortunately, its usually in my garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spiders never had front fogs, so I guess that was put in by the PO.

the rear fog switch looks like those in this thread (one half is the rear fog, other half is blank)
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/197416-graduate-fog-light-switch.html
EDIT: as shown by alfaporsche, who beat me to it:)

the series one alfa 33 has a neat double fog light switch (which I have used in my spider, seen in post # 9 on the above thread)
Yes mine looks like the one on post 9#

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Yes mine looks like the one on post 9#
I'm guessing you must be in europe then?.........not sure the US even got the alfa 33!

It is a neat switch (I presently use the 'front fog part' to run my reverse lights as the darned switch in the bellhousing has given up the ghost!)......early alfa 33 and later spiders shared a few electrical bits and bobs!

the right hand part of the switch runs the front fogs (squiggly bit facing left:))

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm guessing you must be in europe then?.........not sure the US even got the alfa 33!

It is a neat switch (I presently use the 'front fog part' to run my reverse lights as the darned switch in the bellhousing has given up the ghost!)......early alfa 33 and later spiders shared a few electrical bits and bobs!

the right hand part of the switch runs the front fogs (squiggly bit facing left:))
This is a barn find in NE.Pa. and thats where I'm from.I don't know if the PO bought it new

1 - 10 of 10 Posts