Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
I was going through the BB archives and came upon this.

This is the very first thread/post EVER on the Alfa BB. Three years later, it looks like Simon's wish came true.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congratulations! I've been following the restoration in the thread you started, you did a very good job cleaning your engine bay (Simon, obviously)

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Anthony was trying to point out that this thread was the very first thread here on the BB. If you look at the URL it has a posting # of 6. The first five must have been testers that were deleted. You can also tell by the date of 11/02 it was when we first turned the site on.

Fast forward to 2005 and I finally got my GTV. While its not as shiny as the one first posted I'm sure it will with some TLC and help from the gang.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Some Day as well

The finished car is actually a picture of Mike's (GoldCloverLeaf) GTV. Hopefully mine will look this good some day. Thanks for the insperation Mike!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Paradiso said:
Simon has teh mAd kleaning skillz yo!

Seriously BWA > Daytonas > Turbinas
Agree ... my take.

Any wheel > Turbinas

I really like the standard metal wheel minus hubcaps ... like the 2000. The Turbinas are dainty looking (horrible to clean) wheels that have no Alfa Romeo look about them. Associated with a lean period of Alfa Romeo history, ie. the late 70's/early 80's too. All Alfa Romeo mag wheels should be based on circular holes ... like the GTA, GTAm, T33 wheels and many other clever derivatives that the modern cars where.

Just my opinion, but if I owned Simons car I'd keep the Daytona style and erase Turbinas from my mind forever.

Pete
ps: My Sud used to wear them (13") versions ... the most unmasculine wheel ever built in my opinion and yet not really pretty either.

I also managed to bend and break them hoping curbs on the track ... but then the curbs were aggressively shaped :eek:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Hehehe, yep, looks can be deceiving can't they. It looks like your shell (Sprintn) is better than mine so theres no reason it wouldnt look better than mine!

I think the stance of the car is what sets it off.. you need the right ride height and the right wheels, thats the secret recipe ;)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Mike,

THere isn't a lot of rust on my shell... but there was some very shoddy repair work where there is bondo that is literaly almost a full 1/4 inch thick!!!! Like you said... looks can be deceiving!
I agree... the stance on your car is very nice. It looks as though you have quite a bit of negative camber dialed into your front... by looking at that head-on shot.?.?
Sprintn aka: Quentin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts