Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so ive been driving this car for several months now and from day one ive had a really annoying thudding rattle from the rear passenger side. its most noticeable all slow speeds and its related to the road surface. yesterday i rode in the back seat on that side and determined the sound was something bumping against the floor pan directly under the seat.. i havent look under there yet in detail, and with the snow and cold im less than interested, just curious if anyone has had this issue and if so with was the issue. Ive already replaced the strut assembly on that side assuming a loose strut mount, and while doing so.. checked all the bushings, they apperared to be solid. thanks for the input ~andrew

·
Premium Member
27,325 Posts
Hey, so ive been driving this car for several months now and from day one ive had a really annoying thudding rattle from the rear passenger side. its most noticeable all slow speeds and its related to the road surface. yesterday i rode in the back seat on that side and determined the sound was something bumping against the floor pan directly under the seat.. i havent look under there yet in detail, and with the snow and cold im less than interested, just curious if anyone has had this issue and if so with was the issue. Ive already replaced the strut assembly on that side assuming a loose strut mount, and while doing so.. checked all the bushings, they apperared to be solid. thanks for the input ~andrew
You probably need to get under there and check out rear trailing arm mounting to body to be sure your car is not suffering from cancer at body mounting point. Sway bar could be hitting bottom of gas tank, any number of things could be causing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts