Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thanks Peter and thanks Greg,

I will place on order today.

As to additional NLA rubber parts, here is one that may have a slightly larger sales potential. The boot for the clutch fork. It covers the end of the clutch slave to the opening on the side of the bell housing where the fork protrudes. Been patching mine for years.

I'll help either with development funds or a part to copy (from December to March?)
Hi Shures,

More happy news... Greg had felt that your clutch boot suggestion could be a winner! So they are very interested in producing that part. They nixed the windshield washer seal, as it didn't seem profitable enough for them.

Here the snag. They asked if I could send them a sample of that boot to work from. I think I need more to go on. Not sure if I have one lying around. To be sure I'm clear on the correct part, can you send a pic, or maybe a drawing from a shop manual?? I might be able to snag one in reasonable shape on eBay or here on the BB.

Thanks,
Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just installed the new gas filler collar into my car and it seems quit good. I was surprised how flexible the old one was given I believe it was original. There is a crack in the bulge of the old one I guess that's the most common failure point.

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
I installed my new hose about a week ago and it is good. No more gasoline smells.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this coupling still available?
I did send an email to sales at hpsimotorsports dot com and waiting for an answer, but just in case they don't have any available.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Is this coupling still available?
I did send an email to sales at hpsimotorsports dot com and waiting for an answer, but just in case they don't have any available.
Thanks,
Nick
I got a section of filler neck hose from an online shop called "Filler Neck Supply" (not joking, Google it), and while I can't recall the exact inside diameter, it fit both the filler and tank ends, just had to squeeze it down a bit more with the hose clamp on the smaller side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks!
Found this on their site:

---- 2" TO 2-1/4" I.D. Fuel Filler Neck Hose Reducing Adapter GH2225 ----

Will wait for an answer from HPS for a day or so, if they don't have one referenced in the post I may just order this one.

Thanks again,
Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
HPSI Motorports replied to my email and directed me to Centerline Alfa. They do indeed have the item in stock. Item # WS145

Thank you.
Nick

·
Registered
897 Posts
Since HPSI went to a lot of trouble creating tooling and production for that hose... I'd guess the Centerline units are now being purchased from HPSI. The price Centerline is charging is the same as HPSI when they offered them in the past. So Centerline may have gotten a wholesale deal on ordering in volume. Either way... great they are still available!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since HPSI went to a lot of trouble creating tooling and production for that hose... I'd guess the Centerline units are now being purchased from HPSI. The price Centerline is charging is the same as HPSI when they offered them in the past. So Centerline may have gotten a wholesale deal on ordering in volume. Either way... great they are still available!
Thank you for the link you posted a few posts ago (well....in 2016 ;-) ). That's the one I used to email them. HPSI's response linked me directly to the Centerline webpage/part #. I ordered it a couple of days ago and should be getting it soon.
Thanks again!!!
Nick

·
Registered
897 Posts
When we petitioned HPSI to recreate that NLA part, a group of us committed to a 20+ part group purchase from them. After receiving the bunch, I mailed them around to all the others. Within days I was getting rave reviews on the new ones being a much better part than the factory originals. So you should be OK with your new replica hose.

Peter

21 - 31 of 31 Posts