Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a donor who may have an old Solex lying around. I need the rotatable set screw that holds the choke wire to a Solex. It’s the 5mm hex head one with a hole in it. It attaches to the carb’s choke after the top support arm that holds in & down the cable’s sheathing. (FOUND 10/1/20. Thank you all for looking) Dave.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought it did. Does the wire just get collapsed & held under the washer and nut? I thought the original part that I can't find looked like that for some reason. I have one being mailed out tomorrow from a kind BB member, though.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I thought that screw was just to tighten down to hold a ferrule on the sheath in place... I don't have it but that is how it is described in the parts book .. solex #51760

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking for a donor who may have an old Solex lying around. I need the rotatable set screw that holds the choke wire to a Solex. It’s the 5mm hex head one with a hole in it. It attaches to the carb’s choke after the top support arm that holds in & down the cable’s sheathing.
Hi
I have various Solex carbs. If you send a pic of the carb where is screw is missing I'll check my stock
Graham ps my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi
I have various Solex carbs. If you send a pic of the carb where is screw is missing I'll check my stock
Graham ps my email is [email protected]
Thank you for your kind offer. I have found one from a fellow BB member’s spare carb, as mentioned above. The picture of its location on mine is also above...my finger pointing to the spot of the needed set screw.

I’m waiting on the mail: The only good thing that shows up in my box these days, Alfa parts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.