Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all Just pick pair of 40mm carbs for my 76 spider. While cleaning i went to straighten connecting rod from throttle shaft to carb pump.and it snaped .Just what i didn't want to do, is there a place where i can get this part. Having on luck on web ty Joe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't you hate it when that happens? Where did the rod snap:confused:. I ask this because the long nut is only threaded half way, and if the rod broke at this portion of the nut, a plan can be made until you can source the correct replacement part. If there is enough thread you can buy a nut with the correct thread and round one end using a grinder. By fitting this and a lock-nut you may be able to have enough rod to adjust the stroke correctly.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Not sure what link is broken or what it looks like, but, a well stocked hobby/model store should have adjustable linkages in various sizes with various ends.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you both for reply. Rod snaped at bend.I.ll try making one ,pick up treaded rod at home depot same size.I will ck hobby store also maybe get better looking rod. tks joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts