Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, can't believe im doing this. My Alfa Milano Gold needs a new home. She needs a little love and attention.
This car has been in my family since the showroom, i purchased it from my uncle in 1995. It starts and runs but needs some love. Clutch pedal is stuck after being stored for 18 years. All original parts except for the 3.0 liter spoiler i added when i had the rear heel arches redone in 1999. Still have original of course. The paint is not great...it is awesome. If you clay it it will look showroom. Aside from a keyed scratch on left rear fender (thanks NYC) the paint is Zaffiro blue which

DSCN1817.JPG
DSCN1818.JPG
DSCN1811.JPG
DSCN1832.JPG
DSCN1827.JPG
DSCN1823.JPG
DSCN1816.JPG
DSCN1801.JPG
DSCN1800.JPG
DSCN1804.JPG
shimmers in sunlight. There are so many parts i replaced as an owner... from a full ANSA cat back exhaust (which has zero rust and sounds great) to every possible fluid, sensor and flex joint. Even the head liner was redone. The seats are perfect. I have every single receipt from work done to it from day one. If not serviced by me it was always worked on by local NY Alfa mechanics. (Alfa import center, queens NY & Alfa sport in Baldwin NY). The milage is for real... 65K . no games or BS . There is way to much to write about it here . But i would like to sell it to someone who will keep her intact and not cut her up for parts. I know i sound arrogant but this truley is the freshest Milano i have ever seen. Right down to the original spare , tire and all ! I know there are other Milano for sale but mine has no serpent stickers on the sides ! No rust ! no body damage no peeling paint ! She is almost show quality. Call with questions , but please dont ask me dumbness, as it leads to dumb responses. Technical questions...ask away. Serious inquires only, Clutch is stuck so prob needs a trailer. I will try to attach pictures. email me here.
DSCN1817.JPG

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great condition. If it is the clutch slave cylinder, it is an easy fix. Mine stuck after a winter's storage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
milanc6, thanks for the advice. Any instructions on how to free up the slave cylinder would be a great help. As she is still up on jack stands and i can get underneath it easily. THX

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow, nice Milano. My timing is a bit off for this otherwise I'd seriously inquiring as I am in NJ. I won't be ready until...October. Will be selling my Stelvio (a great vehicle), and buying a Milano (for summer) and a Mazda 3 (for winter) to go with the gtv6.

Seems like you know your Alfas, has it been started and run on an old timing belt, or did you start already? Easy fix to do the slave/master/flex line although bleeding can be tedious. If the hydraulics are good, is the clutch pivot in good shape, and did you try to bump it in second gear with starter? None recommended actions with an ancient timing belt that probably won't bust but who knows, and then your baby is a lot uglier. The rest is hopefully just reviving a sleeping car checklist if it is as-advertised and was stored dry.

Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
10 Posts
milanc6, thanks for the advice. Any instructions on how to free up the slave cylinder would be a great help. As she is still up on jack stands and i can get underneath it easily. THX
Generally easier to rebuild or replace. Not having much experience rebuilding experience, I replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First check that the brake resv. is full. While it is up on stands, you can check if there is any movement from the slave. If the slave actuates, then check to see if the clutch fork is properly pivoting on its pivot ball with no play. Sounds most likely a stuck slave given long storage. Could try bleeding some new fluid through it, but really best to replace given that there is likely corrosion in the cylinder and the part is cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This car is a deal. There are only so many Milanos left in the US - and very, very few in this cosmetic condition. At some point the transaxle cars will become collectible and cars like this will be in demand. The mechanical work needed is a minor issue.

·
Registered
491 Posts
@GMpaintcode75 yes, absolutely, seriously do you see the body, exterior, underside of this, and the interior? Wow. That is the hard part with the mechanical just checklist to be back on the road. More pics will sell this Milano fast.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I seriously hope but don’t expect this car to be available in September/October when I will be ready to take on another car. GLWTS

·
Registered
491 Posts
These Gold interiors are great, comfortable and the fabric grips. Also nice that the Gold version is standard not ABS, which works well but parts are difficult and the cure is converting...but requires a pedal box swap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These Gold interiors are great, comfortable and the fabric grips. Also nice that the Gold version is standard not ABS, which works well but parts are difficult and the cure is converting...but requires a pedal box swap.
Yeah, I love the ABS setup but you got to source the extra parts to keep it going. I really like the pedal feel and how precise and incremental the stopping power. Also makes for good hobby work that most folks would likely prefer not bothering with, like repairing old coaxial ABS sensor wires heat baked by headers. Nice to get an extra pump and master. Likely best to buy the accumulator as you need it so the rubber baffle doesn't age sitting on the self. I have also found the that regular brake fluid (Pentosin DOT4 not LowVisc) helps keep the pressure up on the pump when heat soaked. A heat shield for the pump is a good mod used by many. If you get total brake failure with ABS and ARC brake lights on, a good first check barring obvious leak and pressure loss is the 50 amp system free fuse hidden under the coil... of course.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had a Verde and did like the system and would try to keep it going if feasible but also know that some have just converted over. So I shouldn’t say that is the cure, I stand corrected.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My brother still has his ABS going in his ‘87 platinum. 🙂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just want to say Thankyou to this forum for all the advice and support it's members deliver. My baby was sold to an Alfisto who is also a Gentleman, i know it will be cared for and appreciated. She is moving to a warmer state where she can stretch her legs. Again Thankyou all !

·
Registered
491 Posts
@nyctony Congrats...a beautiful car that deserves to be driven. Must have been a hard parting with it but sometimes life has other priorities, cars or otherwise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts