Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, longtime lurker and infrequent poster on the BB here. The time has come for me to sell my Milano Gold after 18 years of ownership. It’s a 1987 in Bianco Argento Metallic with the 5 speed manual. As far as I can tell I am the 4th owner. As long as I have owned the car it has been used consistently as a driver, and has never sat for longer than a week without being driven. It has been maintained by Group2 Motorsports in Seattle, and at Nasko’s Imports in Portland. It currently sits at 181,1xx miles, located in Portland OR.

The catch is that it just blew a Giubo. After years of driving 2 Milanos, I can no longer justify maintaining them both. This really is a great car that (I think) has some more miles to give to a sympathetic new owner. The car runs fine and is driveable currently, but I wouldn’t recommend going further than a few miles, low speeds only.

The Good:
Within the last 5,000 miles it has received $4000+ in maintenance and repairs, including:
  • New timing belt and tensioner
  • New front main seal
  • New alternator
  • New clutch fork, pivot ball + center carrier
  • New ignition coil
  • New brake master cylinder
  • A heater box cleaning (preventative after some leaves caught on fire in my Verde)
  • New battery
  • New tires
  • Lots more small stuff
Also:
  • Receipts back to the 1500 mile service in 1988
  • All power windows, both power seats, ventilation system, stereo, all lighting functional
  • Upgrades include polyurethane suspension bushings throughout, lowered suspension, ANSA muffler, MOMO steering wheel
  • Replaced, non-sagging headliner
  • Registered through January 2023

The Bad:
  • Blown Guibo
  • Rear driver’s side door inoperable
  • Power mirrors inoperable
  • Small rust spots in fenders behind rear wheels
  • Tired paint
  • Tired interior

I’m putting out feelers here to see if anyone is interested in the car as is. I’m just trying to find a good home, this car and I have been through a lot together and I’m not ready to send it to the great junkyard in the sky just yet.

I’m asking $1500.

Thanks all, happy to take questions as they come up.

Walker

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove the car to Nasko’s today to get some underbody shots. It’s the front coupling that failed. I’m open to replacing the Guibos if that increases interest in the car. Other than that - too much money? Too many miles? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks all

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still available. Any feedback on what it would take to generate more interest is welcome. I’ve had some interest on CL because it’s so cheap, but I’m hoping it can find a home with somebody who knows it’s not an Alpha Romero - this car deserves better than that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'd be all over this car if it were on my side of the country. Rats.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.