Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my 1972 Alfa Romeo Berlina 2000 in Oakland, CA. $17,900
Purchased about 3 years ago as I had wanted an Alfa for a while. This answered the itch for a car that my son could ride in the back of. Bought at Fantasy Junction and came out of the collection of Howard Hu when he downsized his warehouse. Always garaged under my ownership and sparingly used. I need to give up this spot in the garage to start on my fathers 911 project. Just bought a BMW bavaria for my daily that I’ll leave outside. I had it on the lawn at Concorso Italiano in 2018 and driven it to my local Cars and Coffee regularly. It’s been a pleasure.

In the words of Andrew Watry, the Berlina guru, whisperer. (He lives locally to me and I drove it straight to his house when I bought it.

Berlina Register Newsletter No. 42 (Nov. 2017)
1972 2000 Berlina. Fully restored blue/tan car. German-market car alleged to have been a prototype for the US market, then sent back Europe. Hard to verify. High-quality cosmetic restoration, a few issues in the paint, but a stunning car. Very nice redone interior, seats, carpets, doors, headliner everything. Running gear redone and strong. Engine ran OK, good power, but a few noises and low oil pressure. $15,500 private sale, Oakland CA. Cheap for a restored car, but there were a few issues here and there. Chassis had some fixed rust, and paint did have couple issues. Buyer knew all this, got it from a dealer who needed to move it quickly. Restoration must have cost more than sale price; cheap by perhaps $5000. 12/16

Repaint in original color "Blu Pervinca" with beige interior, has imperfections but presents well.
Euro market car originally sold in switzerland
Gauges in KPH euro rear end with LSD
Suspension redone
Newer calipers
Dual webers in place of dellortos with original airbox
Transmission is great. (no grinding syncros)
Recovered Vinyl Interior
Rear shoulder belts from a Milano (have a 4 year old)
Nice personal wheel and wood shift knob
Beautiful uncracked dash
Wood is in great condition
H4 Carello lights
Nice stainless bumpers
Bosch Spider Campys
New snakebite Headliner
New rubber seals all around and window felts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not aware of any chassis rust. I can take some more pictures, but there were minor repairs done over its life. Nothing like replacing whole panels or rockers. Engine starts runs and has always gotten me around. Low oil pressure at idle when warm. Might be gauge.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Can you clarify pricing? Thanks.

Up for sale is my 1972 Alfa Romeo Berlina 2000 in Oakland, CA
Purchased about 3 years ago as I had wanted an Alfa for a while and this answered the itch for a car that my son could ride in the back of. Bought at Fantasy Junction and came out of the collection of Howard Hu when he downsized his warehouse. Always garaged under my ownership and sparingly used. I need to give up this spot in the garage to start on my fathers 911 project. Just bought a BMW bavaria for my daily that I’ll leave outside. I had it on the lawn at Concorso Italiano in 2018 and driven it to my local Cars and Coffee regularly. It’s been a pleasure.

In the words of Andrew Watry, the Berlina guru, whisperer. (He lives locally to me and I drove it straight to his house when I bought it.

Berlina Register Newsletter No. 42 (Nov. 2017)
1972 2000 Berlina. Fully restored blue/tan car. German-market car alleged to have been a prototype for the US market, then sent back Europe. Hard to verify. High-quality cosmetic restoration, a few issues in the paint, but a stunning car. Very nice redone interior, seats, carpets, doors, headliner everything. Running gear redone and strong. Engine ran OK, good power, but a few noises and low oil pressure. $15,500 private sale, Oakland CA. Cheap for a restored car, but there were a few issues here and there. Chassis had some fixed rust, and paint did have couple issues. Buyer knew all this, got it from a dealer who needed to move it quickly. Restoration must have cost more than sale price; cheap by perhaps $5000. 12/16

Repaint in original color "Blu Pervinca" with beige interior, has imperfections but presents well.
Euro market car originally sold in switzerland
Gauges in KPH euro rear end with LSD
Suspension redone
Newer calipers
Dual webers in place of dellortos with original airbox
Transmission is great. (no grinding syncros)
Recovered Vinyl Interior
Rear shoulder belts from a Milano (have a 4 year old)
Nice personal wheel and wood shift knob
Beautiful uncracked dash
Wood is in great condition
H4 Carello lights
Nice stainless bumpers
Bosch Spider Campys
New snakebite Headliner
New rubber seals all around and window felts View attachment 1603566 View attachment 1603567 View attachment 1603568

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Battery. Car originally had ac, so Alfa threw the battery in trunk. Also comes with factory tinted windows as a result
thanks
eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts