Alfa Romeo Forums banner

SoCal Members and Fires

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Pat Braden 
#1 ·
Wondering how Alfabb members are faring with the fires?
I heard Santa Clarita mentioned today. I believe that is where Simon lives.
From the news reports It looks pretty bad down there.
Hoping all are ok.
Steve

#2 ·
I'm in Orange, near the Silverado fire and can see some of the fire from my house! Very hot and dry, lots of smoke and ash, but luckily far enough away to be safe. The winds are dying down now, so hopefully the fires can be put out soon.
Randy

#3 ·
We had one here in Porter Ranch Sunday morning but somehow they got it put down in a couple hours time while all the other ones went crazy. It wasn't a good feeling waking up to helicoptors shaking the house as they dropped water across the street. Hope everyone is safe and out of harms way.

#5 ·
sunday was the worst day at my place. the fall-out from Malibu made it seem like a full solar eclipse midday. luckly, i'm in the middle of town, so there is no fear of fire reaching my place. but my best buddy lives up against the hills and is always in fear when these things happen.

he huffed and he puffed . . . !! the INSANE wind nearly fell a power pole into my back yard :eek: you know its blowing hard when you can FEEL the house moving in the wind blast. next door neighbor lost a couple of trees. half of one of them is in my yard. i heard that Castaic had gusts up to 108 mph !

#7 ·
I have downed trees and debris in my yard, part of my fence was taken apart, the part that is not slump stone; the framework is still standing but it "unnailed" the boards from the cross supports; a lot of debris still on the streets, crews working 24/7 just cutting up the downed trees and leaving them in the gutters for later pick-up, lights out, traffic is a mess and many places like grid-lock; schools have canceled all PE classes in my area due to the soot and ash. Some power outages, mine dipped momentarily but was immediately switched over to another rotating back-up grid. The neighbors have some broken windows from the wind and downed trees.

I'm in between the Malibu and San Diego fires but safe, only getting the fallout.

#6 ·
Encinitas here...

It was looking pretty bad yesterday, but today it does not look like we will need to evacuate. Had some friends staying here who did have to get out of Escondido area. This morning I can't get to work because I-5 and the commuter trains are closed, so I will get some quality time on the Alfa BB!

#8 ·
The Step child of San Diego County ( Fallbrrok)

We were ordered to evacuate Monday Afternoon to Orange County. We are staying at Glenna's brother's house. Got word from a friend that our house is still standing. We are hoping that we will be able to return tomorrow( Friday) before all the looters get there. Not a happy time.

#10 ·
So Cal Members and Fires

We were ordered to evacuate Monday Afternoon to Orange County. We are staying at Glenna's brother's house. Got word from a friend that our house is still standing. We are hoping that we will be able to return tomorrow( Friday) before all the looters get there. Not a happy time.
Pat, thanks for posting. I've tried calling a couple of times...I've passed your post along to others that had asked me if I'd heard anything.

Glad you're o.k., but on an unscheduled move and visit. Will keep you in my thoughts as far as getting back home and hoping everything is as safe and sound as when you departed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.