Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! So I'm new to the Alfa brand and so far it's been real cool. I'm in my 20's, and everyone I know owns a Bimmer or Acura, so it's kind of terrifying to feel alone out in this new world. Is there such a thing as meets or Alfa Groups? I spend most of my time with my girl in the Studio City and Northridge areas, so it would be awesome to meet other Alfa Owners. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Hi guys! So I'm new to the Alfa brand and so far it's been real cool. I'm in my 20's, and everyone I know owns a Bimmer or Acura, so it's kind of terrifying to feel alone out in this new world. Is there such a thing as meets or Alfa Groups? I spend most of my time with my girl in the Studio City and Northridge areas, so it would be awesome to meet other Alfa Owners. Thanks!
There is a national AROC convention every year that travels across the U.S. so everyone has it in their "generic" backyard once every so many years. It was in Michigan last year and is scheduled for Chicago, Illinois, in 2008 followed by Portland, Oregon in 2009. It's a lot of fun and an excellent way to get to know other Alfisti; it is a family event for most, not just "car guys and gals."

Here is a list of the California clubs with contact information, which I won't vouch for the currency of:

CALIFORNIA

Alfa Romeo Owners of Southern California
Norman Silverman
21330 Stanwell St.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
[email protected]

AROC of Central California
Fred Zimmermann
1128 Palomino Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 682-5744
[email protected]

AROC of San Diego
Lance Dong
243 Muirfield Way
San Marcos, CA 92069
(760) 798-1652
[email protected]r />

Delta Sierra Alfa Romeo Club
Mike Devereaux
P.O. Box 161587
Sacramento, CA 95816-1587
(916) 358-5652
[email protected]
www.alfa-dsar.org

Orange County Chapter
Stewart Sandeman, Jr.
% 1753 N, Batavia Street
Orange, CA 92865
(949) 588-0500 or (714) 279-0500

There is also ARA (Alfa Romeo Association) located in Northern California which is "technically" no longer associated with AROC but many of us have cross-over friendships in that group. AROC and ARA are two separate entities with their own rules, activities, and dues.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome,

Nice acquisition on the 74 Spider!

There is a club that meets in the South Bay from what I remember. I'll dig up the info (Its somewhere in my inbox) and reply back.

Of course, the forum is a great place to keep current and gain info too.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the meet info! I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you guys! Hopefully I'll see more Alfa drivers on the road. havent yet but i know i will sometime soon.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Brew, If I can call you that.
Charlie is verry correct about Woodley Park. You MUST show up there. NO excuses.
Later in December we will have our Holiday Party in Redondo Beach. Another must attend event for new folks to the Alfa world.
You are in luck the So Cal Chapter has our October monthly meeting this Saturday morning in Westlake Village.
We have been invited to visit the car collection of Ray Scherr. I here he has a very nice Alfa, though it is pretty old, 1930s vintage. But he keeps it in pretty nice shape.
Information and directions at arosc.org.
Our monthly meetings move around the LA area because our chapter covers such a large area. Again, more info at arosc.org.
Hope to see you soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts