Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's oil change time! But, I'm totally at a loss as to how to get the oil filter off. There isn't any space for me to pull it out. What parts have to come off for it to have enough room to get out? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
16,453 Posts
What model/engine? Assuming Milano with V6, I have to remove the air filter housing on our GTV6 to R/R the oil filter. Move the air duct aside, unsnap the cover, remove the air filter (shake out any dead bugs) then three bolts to remove the bottom half.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Milano is a little harder than the GTV6 as you have to snake the old filter around the A/C hoses and some wiring / cooling lines. You can get it out of there after the air filter housing has been removed. A little more messy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can this not be done from underneath the car?
...without moving away all that stuff

Unless I am loosing my memory (a possibility ) ..I think that is how I did it on my Verde..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Nope - can't get it out from below. Sump is too close to the frame.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I’ve never removed the air filter housing. I’ve always been able to snake it out. I now use the smaller filters, much easier.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Buy yourself a case of Baldwin brand "BT223" oil filters. It's a small body filter. You can replace it without removing the air box.

When it comes time to replace, get the biggest oil filter pliers (the channel lock kind) you can find. From below, slip these up between the engine and the body, grab the filter and loosen it half a turn.
Then you can loosen it the rest of the way, from up top.

Buy the filters online they're not available in stores.

Bye

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!. I already bought one of the big filters so I will use that and us the small ones afterwards. Thanks for all of the advice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts