Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after work,9 pm,filling the tank, cool air on my face, and buzzing home at 6000 rpm's:D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool:and scareing the hell out of the drivers you just passed, they think all of hell just broke loose:eek::eek: when you buzz by them a 6 grand.:rolleyes::p..got to love the italian song:)

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I'll tell you what scares me....

The "Fast and Furious", coffee-can exhaust crowd.....
.....and carney folk. :D

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess to be proper here, i must drive my car at 65 mph, and never ever excead the speed limit, and never approch the redline of my car.............so i guess to keep ghnl happy, i should trade in my sports car and get a toyota camry, 4 cly auto.......at 9 pm. light traffic.....

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Nothing wrong with 6000 rpm in the correct gear. I did that the other day in Bianca. I did 6000 in 3rd...man, what a rush that was! My sons friend asked me, "was that a 100 on the speedometer?" :D Nice demonstration before coming back down to the speed limits.
I suggested to the wife the other day to take Lola out and hold her down to 6000 in 3rd. She came back with the biggest grin and asked me what I did to make her go like that. I had to confess that I dialed in 12 deg more overlap on the cam. (102 deg centers).
See, 6000 rpm is just fine. :D

·
Administrator
16,620 Posts
so i guess to keep ghnl happy, i should trade in my sports car and get a toyota camry.....
It is not a question of 'keeping me happy'. It is a matter of being a responsible citizen. There is a place for exuberance & speed. Crowded public streets is not the place!

If your description of the way you drive is this: scareing the hell out of the drivers you just passed, they think all of hell just broke loose... then you give ALL sports cars drivers a bad reputation. Keep that up and someday they'll pass laws to take away our sports cars. If I were you I would not want that law to become known as the bianchi law...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have been known to "buzz" past at 6000rpm on occasion. However, I have found that when I drive with exuberance it's best to be invisible (fewer cops notice that way). But you gotta admit is sure is fun to be noticed o occasion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts