Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It has been a while since I posted anything seeing as how I sold off my 155 last year. But as they say, once it's in your blood, it's just a matter of time before another one comes along :)

I'd spotted this gorgeous '79 Alfetta 2.0 on a used car website, and having been disappoined in the past (in a nutshell most of the cars that I went to see looked a lot better in pictures than they did in the flesh / metal) I was a bit apprehensive during the 2hr drive out of town to view the car.

However, this was certainly one instance where the reverse happened. The Alfetta looked a LOT better in the metal than it did in pictures! I was blown away, you could say it was love at 1st sight...

I paid a deposit last Sunday, and 3 days ago I drove the 'Fetta home. It didn't skip a beat throughout the entire journey home, it just purred and occasionally 'growled' all the way back. We even got caught up in a torrential rain storm, which was an excellent 'water test' for the car, no leaks!

Here are some shots of the car and my drive back on Tuesday 1st Feb 2011, hope you like the pictures, I'll post some still shots next :)

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some static shots of my 'Fetta :)

Her previous owner, Mizi, did a spectacular job restoring this car, a lot of time, and effort was put in. I'm really amazed it wasn't snapped up sooner! And of course relieved, since she's all mine now..haha :)

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
beautiful alfetta there serpent155 she looks great especially with the webers i bet she sounds awesome here in the US we had them with fuel injection sweet car the only problem the steering wheel is on the wrong side lol.ciao Ben

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beautiful alfetta there serpent155 she looks great especially with the webers i bet she sounds awesome here in the US we had them with fuel injection sweet car the only problem the steering wheel is on the wrong side lol.ciao Ben
Haha! Thanks Ben, actually they're twin Dellorto carbs, and yeah, the engine sounds brilliant :)

This is 164TSpark's Alfetta engine, not mine....not yet anyway, is this heavenly or what? :p
P1000949-1.mp4 video by MalayCooper - Photobucket

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts