Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically at a new fuel tank for my 101 Giulia Spider Veloce, in trying to determine shipping cost, it comes up as $1.41. I have to figure this is a mistake, but am tempted to see if the order would go through. The reason I'm questioning this is that I had ordered a euro downpipe for a my Alfetta Sedan, and the vendor had a crazy low shipping cost, like a $1.86, so I ordered it, and what delivered for $1.86, Crazy! I know the guy in England has tanks for less, but they don't look as nice as the CA version. I have gone on CA's website four or five separate times to see if it was a fluke, each time shipping was $1.41. I'm tempted to give it a whirl to see what happens, anyone with a similar experience? Just wondering...

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just saw that, ty, sorry for posting in the wrong section, mea culpa!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,639 Posts
I'd suggest emailing them and asking what they're going to charge you. I bought a GTV fuel tank from Classic Alfa as part of a larger order...the shipping wasn't a buck, but I remember it being surprisingly reasonable.

Reactions: nunki

·
Push hard and live
11,036 Posts
Shipping out of England can be Twilight Zone good.

Not long ago, I bought a used-known-good engine, for 250 pounds sterling (!), plus four aluminum wheels, full key set with computer, various engine bay panels, heat shields, etc. Shipping was 550 lb sterling, for four-day air FedEx!

I just received today two more wheels, a under-body panel (about the size of a Spider hood), and a long list of other goodies. Four-day FedEx, 195 lb sterling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have use Classic Alfa for a lot of parts and it's wicked fast, better selection, and really excellent. I bought some parts from Centerline but for variety and quality, you can't beat Classic Alfa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts