Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving off to my interview on a 3 lane highway, going approx. 80MPH when a red 164S blows by me at about over 110MPH, from what I noticed it had a ground effects kit, looked to be 18" wheels and a monza tipped exhaust. So as he floors by me he suddenly slows down while im in the middle lane, he starts going the same speed as I was, looks as me aand blows past me, so I say ok fine whatever. I get to a stop light thats on this highway and hes behind me revving off his engine, ah damnit I had to race him now, and as the light turned green, dumped the clutch at around 4K and off I went, he was becoming smaller and smaller in my rear view as I accelerate off the line at the light, as I was going about 75MPH he starts climbing up to me getting a car length closer every time as im going faster, finally at about 100MPH he slowly passed by me, I chickened out and slowed down to the speed limit after he passed by me since im still on my "S" speed rated snow tires, I tried following him to see if I could tag his car to join AlfaBB if he were to pull off somewhere, but no dice.

So thats my encounter with a 164S :)

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Why do some Alfa guys, like that one, have to be idiots.:confused:

p.s. Even though you drive a WRX, at least you blew away from him, and then let off. Let the idiot pass.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Quite the contrary. Most alfa guys are far from arrogant and tend to be true ladies and gents!!!!!! If you want to see arrogant, join the Porsche or BMW clubs!!!!!!!!

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Sniady said:
Why do some Alfa guys, like that one, have to be idiots.
Hahahaha! Is this Sniady speaking!

I know Sniady and he tries to race everything and everyone from Suzuki GSXR's to 911 Twin Turbos.

LBC are you sure it was a 164s and not a blue GTV?

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
sniady street racing back east

sniady,
you are one to speak. we had a good race yesterday on the way back from the shop. my big 2002 ford f-350 dually and the lil 1973 gtv.

seriously speaking... i admit, i drive FAST whether i am in my truck or my vespa, i have a heavy right foot. only thing is... i keep it to myself, never once i have tried to street race, especially like the dude in the 164. alfa owners are usually like me, like to drive fast alone, "one with the car" is what i say. not one with the car and the dude trying to keep up. lbc, you just came across the one alfa owner out there that had a bone to pick.

speed safely

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
("berry funnyy i make heh special one for you"-eddie murphy delirious) No fast driving on the street's for me (canyons only), it's been 6 months with no insurance.

The f350 did take me but I was easy on the throttle ehh emmm!

Quote From Smestas:
I know Sniady and he tries to race everything and everyone from Suzuki GSXR's to 911 Twin Turbos.

I don't roll up to people reving my engine trying to race. It's vise versa, 50% of the time I let them go and the other 50% I pass them and give them a NO NO with my finger (index that is).

Edit: When I do race these busters I win, at least I keep a good name for Alfas, damnit!

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I have to admit that I'd like to give WRX's a good run for their money but I cant seem to get my damm car into second gear under load. Guess its time to invest in some new sychros.

I guess part of the trill is to give 'em a good run with a car that is 20+ years old. Pulling up to the next light and say "what year is that a 2003? Mine is a '73" see yahh around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts