Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I found an 82 Sprint that had been partially parted. I actually bought it for parts for my 82 TI, but ended up building the Sprint as a future dedicated autocross car. It is a very low budget project, but it is very fun.

Here's a few pics.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Hi Ricardo,

It's great to see another Alfa autocrosser. What club's events do you run, and what class?

Well.. I found an 82 Sprint that had been partially parted. I actually bought it for parts for my 82 TI, but ended up building the Sprint as a future dedicated autocross car. It is a very low budget project, but it is very fun....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rims are the original steel wheels, but I made them wider by 1". Right now it has Sumitomo 215/50R13 tires, hopefully someday I could get a set of dedicated autocross tires.
I don't know what classes do you have in the States, but here in Peru I should run with the category 4 Superior. That's a category for cars over 25 years old and with some mods.. I have only done trackdays, but I had some pretty good times before I had some engine problems.

I will need, however, some advise with my suspension. the car leans way too much.. I do need shocks all around, but they are very hard to find in Peru, especially the front ones. Any kind of Koni shocks it's just a dream right now.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Have you got antiroll bars? I am guessing that this one has a Sud suspension with inboards that probably will have a front antiroll bar but certainly will not have a rear one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts