Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last fall I posted a want ad here on alfabb for some various parts. Bruce from San Rafael responded that he may have what I was looking for. I told him that I thought my car might have been originally from Northern California and specifically Marin County based on some old gas and other receipts found in the lost area between the seats dating from the early 70s. (I bought this car in Malibu in 82 and parked it 83. Used it as a storage facility til 2 years ago when I started resto.)

I gave him what I thought was the name and he told me the first names on the receipts. He said he cared for my Super and these folk's (since deceased) in the 70's.

How cool is that! Drove up in January to buy the parts, but mainly to meet Bruce and just hear a little about the first owners. Bruce is a real gentleman and gave me his time. All Alfa. Thank you Bruce. Thank you Alfabb.

·
Premium Member
22,966 Posts
I run the Giulia Register. If you'd care to pass the info along, I'll add it to the Register. My Super has been in NorCal since new, solid in Oakland or Berkeley, 1967.
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew, AR 330661. I was a member of the yahoo clubs you hosted. And on the Dave Mercile's registery in the 90s. Let me know if you need more info. My car was purchased from Griswald in Berkeley I believe. It was shunted hard early in its life prior to my '82 acquisition, as evidenced by front suspension box weld and mangled bump stops, not to mention all the glass under the carpet. Don't think the 3 piece grill with chrome rings is year correct for a '67. Started a restoration in '14 after being parked since '84. It has been in the body shop since Sept. Being told we're only weeks away. Then I have to put it all back together. Here's the last few parts I'm looking for;
The 2 piece inner light assembly + dimpled lens, already have the chrome retaining ring
Front kick panel vents in working condition
Hood latch mechanism-on hood
Those long screws/bolts for the door latches (in body)
Front bumper over rider
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
22,966 Posts
Yes, have this info on it, which I probably got from Dave.
Thank you.

AR*330661 1966 Super AR00526*262277* ZFM 798 White maroon Mark Palos Verdes, CA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts