Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Small victory for Joe Average - thanks all!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  exhausted 
#1 ·
I have posted MANY times to this forum in the past few months while rebuilding my first 105 gearbox. Just wanted to post a pic of the finished product (not much to look at, but it's done!) and say thanks for all the help from experienced folks on this forum.

It was a weird one to do as a first rebuild with some oddities and surprises--a non-moly box when it should have been moly (from a 74 GTV), rare early detent springs, cracked bellhousing, replacement bellhousing that someone put a strange (Alfetta?) T/O bearing sleeve in, cracked tail housing, unobtanium (from Alfa parts houses anyway) 5th gear bushing, some different torque specs being a very early 105 box, etc. But I was super happy all the shims measured out right the first time - so it all evens out.

At any rate - thanks much for the help. Onto the Burman box!

See less See more
Reactions: PSk
#4 ·
Yeah - it is actually pretty interesting being able to really understand what happens when I shift (and even worse knowing what happens on a mis-shift).

Reactions: andylarry
#5 ·
Crackie, I learnt a lot here from these posts, the details and questions you and others put forward will be helpful when I tear my gearbox down for the rebuild, the strange mix of parts put another perspective was interesting if not a bit confusing!. Thanks for posting and hope your box is smooth and slick shifting.
Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.