Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Yes I'm getting to the final details and I know there are 2 metal tabs that are located on the top of the left hand side chassis rails, that are bent over to hold the wiring loom in place. Car is a 1971 Series 2 1750, RHD. I have searched and have not been able to find a good photo, and I have miss placed my photo albums that contain photos of the car being pulled apart (I'm sure these are not lost, just well hidden in the boxes of parts in the shed somewhere)

So if you happen to have your car naked enough to be able to take a photo to show these tabs in their correct location, could you please take one and post here.

Thanks in advance
Pete

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Not sure if LH & RH drive had the same locations...but this is where mine were located. There did not seem to be any tabs underneath the middle portion of the scuff plates...only at the front and back ends of the scuff plate.

InkedIMG_0650_LI.jpg InkedIMG_0652_LI.jpg

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect 1750GT!. Much appreciated.

I need to sign write my car with a small thankyou to you as you have helped me considerably with so many answers!!
Pete

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Is there a supplier for these tabs? I have the engine out of my 74 GTV and several of them are broken and I would like to replace them.

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that I know of Andy. I intend to grab a piece of panel steel and my tinsnips and make them. Will have to use the bench grinder to make the rounded ends, de-burr, etc.

Pete

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
....Perfect 1750GT!. Much appreciated. I need to sign write my car with a small thankyou to you as you have helped me considerably with so many answers!! Pete
No problems PSk....just returning the favour to BB members some of what I received over the years from folks like Papajam...Osso....and many others!

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Done

So now wondering about how the wiring gets from the fuel tank side over to the right hand side. Are there wiring tabs along the back edge of the floor panel, or does it go up and in behind the boot lid latch support panel?

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
@PSk , as you can see, these metal tabs under the hood of my 74 are embossed and rounded and would be difficult to easily reproduce. Does anyone have a good method to produce these, or know of anywhere to purchase them?
IMG_5069[1].JPG IMG_5070[1].JPG

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True

Pete

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boot tabs done but just rounded, not embossed. Boot trim will hide them.

Need to make reversing and number plate wiring hole.
Pete

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@1750GT, could you please measure the diameter of the hole in the rear of the boot floor for the reversing and number plate lights wiring to pass through. Thanks

Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts