Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can source the small retaining pins which are screwed into the body and to which the tonneu cover clips attach? I have just bought the car and some are missing as I guess the hole in the bodywork gets bigger with use and they fall out.
Any help sourcing these gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
depends what type you have, there are "snap fasteners", "lift-the-dot", "turnbuckle" "tenax" etc...a tonneau cover wasn't original on alfa spiders, it would be an aftermarket accessory.
Many british cars did have a tonneau, so if you have a classic british car spares shop in your country, that would be a good place to start.

But, any car upholstery shop or hardware stores or marine supplies stores should have what you are looking for.
Look also on ebay, using the correct term, just make sure you get the right size, as sizes differ, or whether machine screw or sheet metal screw, etc

here a few types:
fasteners.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends what type you have, there are "snap fasteners", "lift-the-dot", "turnbuckle" "tenax" etc...a tonneau cover wasn't original on alfa spiders, it would be an aftermarket accessory.
Many british cars did have a tonneau, so if you have a classic british car spares shop in your country, that would be a good place to start.

But, any car upholstery shop or hardware stores or marine supplies stores should have what you are looking for.
Look also on ebay, using the correct term, just make sure you get the right size, as sizes differ, or whether machine screw or sheet metal screw, etc

here a few types:
View attachment 1613045
Many thanks for your speedy and comprehensive response. It is a Portuguese car so don't know whether it came from factory with tonneau cover. They are the "lift the do" type. Only quite a small "pillar". I will try eBay. Again thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your speedy and comprehensive response. It is a Portuguese car so don't know whether it came from factory with tonneau cover. They are the "lift the do" type. Only quite a small "pillar". I will try eBay. Again thanks for the advice.
PS Thanks for the attachment. Very helpful!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found an online company in the UK which sells just what I want. Many thanks for helping me on this one.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Found an online company in the UK which sells just what I want. Many thanks for helping me on this one.
Great!
Glad to help and welcome to the BB!
I'm sure it'd be interesting for all of us, to see a photo of your spider with the tonneau....:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great!
Glad to help and welcome to the BB!
I'm sure it'd be interesting for all of us, to see a photo of your spider with the tonneau....:)
Happy to put some photos up once I get it back from having the wheels refurbished. Hopefully end of next week. It is a red 1973 series 2 spider which has lived its life in Portugal so rust free and low mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts