Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Slave cylinder is leaking on my 69 Berlina. I have not removed it as of yet. Couple of questions.

Should I rebuild the one I have or get a new one? If rebuilt who has the best kit. If new from who should I get it from. Price is somewhat a concern.

Thanks in advance for the help

Jeff

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I haven't had much success with rebuild kits on slaves; besides the 1969 slave was specific to the suspended pedal models and is NLA, I doubt a kit to rebuild it would be available. All the parts dealers will supply the later slave for a 1969 as well.

Paul Spruell will offer you a choice of an ATE OEM slave (c.a $100) or a cheaper brand for less than half.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
The unique 69 slave cylinders, which had an adjustable length pushrod, were long ago superseded; 69s now use the same slave as all the later cars. I have one in my 69 Spider, it's fine.
Yeah, rebuilding is iffy, especially if the bore is corroded, and there is more than one maker, so you might not get the right seals/piston.

Andrew

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys thanks for the info.

I need names and numbers please. Who have you used and who has the best parts.

Thanks again

Jeff

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Rebuilding a slave is not reality. They gave up rebuild kits on these along time ago because new is easier and cheaper in the long run. Try Classic Alfa in the UK. They have genuine Italian parts with sauce or genuine Chinese parts with egg roll. I spend the extra money on the one with sauce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts