Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took the trunk apart to check the fuel pump area, I somehow misplaced the plastic fasteners for the ski/polo mallet fabric boot.

Does anyone know of hand of a generic size fastener you can purchase at any auto parts store that works?

Now that my Alfa is back together and running well I can start driving our team to our polo chukkers again, and I'd like to store our polo mallets properly.

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts
They are about that size ( ) and about that long _________. Pep Boys and auto zone, etc., has many sizes.

Diameter about 8mm (5/16") about 22mm (7/8")

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Steve, I knew they were roughly about that size, just didn't want to buy another pack of the incorrect size that I'm too lazy to take back, to add to the other seven or eight packs I have in the garage.

Oh, and my car's running great, again.

·
Premium Member
26,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
ahhh, lazy as well. I think I have doubles of every screw on the planet and can never find the ones I need!!! ciao, chris

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I went to Autozone and bought a pack of fasteners for $5.00, and promptly discovered the original fasteners on the way home in the ashtray, where I put them so I would easily find them.

But you can always use another pack in the parts bin of almost the correct size fasteners that sort of work.

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
That ski boot had most of it's waterproof coating flaking off in sheets in my 91S so I just took that darn thing out and threw it away. Don't miss it, as now I can carry longer boards inside without having to install the roof rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts